997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Lip Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:44 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1

For $95 more, ($695 cost) you could get on of these out of Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass. This what I was looking at.
The ones we are referring to are not $600. They are $199.99. They jack the price when they are out of stock or low, so no one buys them. Then they go back to $199.99 and free shipping when they get more stock.

FYI

DC

Last edited by therock88; 02-15-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I second the vote for Werks1. If you ever wondered where Porsche got the design cues for the GT2RS front spoiler.....well, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I second the vote for Werks1. If you ever wondered where Porsche got the design cues for the GT2RS front spoiler.....well, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Having looked at all the front lips Tom I have to say yours certainly looks like it will provide downforce at 205 mph on the autobahn which is when I find my front end goes a bit light. Equally though $2000 for a front lip is comical. It could break on first outing if you have bit of bad luck. The aerokit knock off lip is a no brainer at $199 however if you do me a deal with a 50% discount I'll have the werks 1 front lip off you lol. I'm not convinced it will last long here in the UK. GTR Nick who is a friend of mine had one and sold it within 5 mins as he was terrified he was going to break it after a scrape on his first drive with it! Looks superb

Old 02-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Having looked at all the front lips Tom I have to say yours certainly looks like it will provide downforce at 205 mph on the autobahn which is when I find my front end goes a bit light. Equally though $2000 for a front lip is comical. It could break on first outing if you have bit of bad luck. The aerokit knock off lip is a no brainer at $199 however if you do me a deal with a 50% discount I'll have the werks 1 front lip off you lol. I'm not convinced it will last long here in the UK. GTR Nick who is a friend of mine had one and sold it within 5 mins as he was terrified he was going to break it after a scrape on his first drive with it! Looks superb
It definitely provides the downforce...we've tested it. The price also takes into consideration that it's 100% carbon fiber...no plastic or fiberglass at all. The only parts of that are not carbon are the two aluminum skid plates we attach to the under side to protect it against scraping. As for the height of it...believe it or not, at its lowest point (which is the two sides), it's only 1/2" lower then the standard factory TT spoiler. Nick's case was a bit of a bummer because he has such a low driveway.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
It definitely provides the downforce...we've tested it. The price also takes into consideration that it's 100% carbon fiber...no plastic or fiberglass at all. The only parts of that are not carbon are the two aluminum skid plates we attach to the under side to protect it against scraping. As for the height of it...believe it or not, at its lowest point (which is the two sides), it's only 1/2" lower then the standard factory TT spoiler. Nick's case was a bit of a bummer because he has such a low driveway.

Roads are awful here my friend. Speed bumps absolutely everywhere. Its a shame you do not make the same part in plastic. I think you would have sold far more volume for same design in plastic albeit at a lower price point. No doubt if someone wants the best of the best its yours

Old 02-17-2015, 03:55 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by IMI A
Roads are awful here my friend. Speed bumps absolutely everywhere. Its a shame you do not make the same part in plastic. I think you would have sold far more volume for same design in plastic albeit at a lower price point. No doubt if someone wants the best of the best its yours
+1

My car is low so my lip takes a beating.
I do love the design of this the Werks1 but I can't justify $2k on a part that will inevitably get destroyed.

Maybe we can get some 6speed specials run in poly?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
+1

My car is low so my lip takes a beating.
I do love the design of this the Werks1 but I can't justify $2k on a part that will inevitably get destroyed.

Maybe we can get some 6speed specials run in poly?
I agree, I would have had a Werks1 lip if it wasn't $2k for something that I would also inevitably ruin. I've seen one in person and it is top notch. I would destroy it in no time and 2k is just too much money to blow on a lip.
A plastic version would be awesome and sell like hot cakes.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

^^^^ yep mine gets a light scrape on virtually every drive even sometimes at very slow speeds at an angle. CF is the wrong material unless you have more money than God or are an F1 team for that front lip and a rugged plastic would have been so much mores sensible.

This pic give you an idea of my ride height and even with what looks like good clearance due to the taller 245 and 325 tyres I still get a scrape every day through dips and crests in normal driving.

By way of example my baby has arguably may be some of the best upgrades on her mostly OEM or OEM suppliers. BBS F1 alloys, hybrid GT2 turbos with clipped billet wheel, motorsport bearings and some other trick internal turbo components to stop her ECU pulling timing in 4th,5th and 6th gears at very high speed which is common fault with all other VTGs, GT2 RS intercoolers, IPD Y Pipe with 84mm Plenum and GT3 throttle body, GT2 SSK, GT2 rear sway bar, H&R -20mm progressive lowering springs, Cup 2 tyres, Europipe stage 2 and the list goes on and on. The main point I'm trying to make here is I like most of the other guys on this forum do not mind spending money on my baby for the best components but that lip is going to break in half or worse at the first sight of am awkward bump at speed.

Having said all that Champion front lip with CF GT2 RS side vents would finish her off brilliantly for that motorsport hard as nails look

Old 02-25-2015, 05:04 PM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Looks like these are back in stock.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...t=0&rmvSB=true

Old 02-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys.
Just placed an order for one from eBay as recommended by everyone.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:33 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.
Just placed an order for one from eBay as recommended by everyone.
Great choice! Personally painted aerokit lip from ebay is the way to go.

Attached Images   
Old 02-26-2015, 03:06 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by therock88
Bought one of the eBay ones and thought it was pretty good quality for the price! I sanded, PAP(adhesion promoter), primed, sanded, degreaser, 2 coats Basalt Black Metallic, 3 coats clear...polished (all took a couple hours with lots of it just waiting for paint to dry)...Thought it came out very good.

If it has any slight warping or mis-shaping (as most any kind of flexible part will) you simply hit it with a heat gun and if forms perfectly.

Good luck!

DC

Where did you source the paint?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White Rock
Where did you source the paint?
Hi There...

Check out my Post 312 HERE

And Post 318 HERE

Outlined the process and additional info, including where to purchase, cost, etc.

Good luck.
DC

Old 04-05-2015, 08:50 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Looks like these are back in stock.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...t=0&rmvSB=true
it says these are for 2009-2012, any reason it wouldn't work on a 2007?

Old 04-05-2015, 09:04 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
it says these are for 2009-2012, any reason it wouldn't work on a 2007?
See post 42 - if it fits 08 it will fit 07.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Lip Options?