997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My GT Silver 997TT Story -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
My GT Silver 997TT Story -

Let me just start by saying that I am infatuated with Porsches and have been since I was a little kid. So much so that I am currently looking for a nice low mileage 997.1 GT3 to put in the garage next to the Turbo

My journey with the 997TT started with the usual daily search of for sale threads and closely watching the market for what was being sold and bought. There were a few cars that popped up that I was interested in, but none that made me jump and act as quick as I needed too at the time. kind of the situation I am in with the GT3 now. Once I had all my ducks in a row and was ready to pull the trigger, I started to take my searches and the alerts i had set up much more serious. There were a few things I really wanted on the car that I was going to buy and there were a few things that I really did not want. This really helped me narrow my search of what I was looking for.

After about a month of searching daily, one morning I woke up and had a alert that a 15k mile 997.1TT had been listed for sale at Porsche of Arlington. I checked the car out on the net and it was pretty much what I was looking for so I got on the phone right away, put a deposit down and sent the car off for a PPI. PPI turned out perfect, so I bought the car site unseen.

Now let me just say that there was one thing that I did not like about this car... it was the wheels, which was not a big deal as I am kind of a wheel nut and seem to change looks frequently.

I sent my good friend with his enclosed trailer to go to Virginia and pick the car up for me. He was going to be the first person who knew me to lay his eyes on the car. When he got out there, he texted me and said that the car looked amazing. I had him pop the bonnet and text me the paint code of the car. The dealer had the car listed as Artic Silver but in the pics they had posted, you could see that it was a darker silver. I was very happy to confirm that the car was actually GT Silver, which was one of my first choices in colors and one of my favorite Porsche Colors.

I knew that I would get the car home and get straight to work on getting the car to look the way I wanted. I had a few sets of wheels, .2 taillights and some other goodies waiting in the garage to go on. My plan with the car is to make it look good (to me ) and upgrade some other things along the way. i'm not a huge chasing horsepower #'s guy but there may be some engine upgrades down the line.

I get alot of PM's from guys wondering where I got my wheels, what size are they, what wing is that, etc... so I thought I would just put up a thread with all the info about my car as it progressing.

Hope you enjoy

Dealer pic of the car

It also looked like the car had lowering spring in the Dealer photos. I was happy to find out that the car did have Champion H&R Springs on it.

First order - remove the Champion Wheels and replace them with a set of DPE SP20 Step Lip wheels that were spec built for a 997TT in 20x9 and 20x11.

Car was already looking much better to me with the big chunky Champs off. I did have a set of 19" BBS E88's in the garage also that I did a test fit with and was going to use for the track. After the test fit, I decided to sell the E88's to my friend who has a 996TT track car.

On my buddies 996TT Track Car...

Old 02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Next up I purchased GT2 Sideskirts from Suncoast and a Techart front and rear splitter from Techart and had them painted GT Silver.

I did not like the front splitter on the car so I sold it and ordered the $199 ebay special I also added 7mm front and 14mm rear spacers to get the car looking a bit more aggressive.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Was really liking the way the car was starting to look now. The following weekend i brought the 997TT out to its first C&C where someone was nice enough to snap a pic of me leaving.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Finally got the Techart rear wing installed and took the car out for a little evening photo shoot one night.. I had also swapped out the ovals for a set of Fabspeed quad tips.

Last edited by moacur; 02-10-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Couple more pics from the next months C&C.. You can see here that I painted the ebay lip flat black so that it did not have that sheen to it anymore. I just used flat black primer for this.

Last edited by moacur; 02-10-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Next up I decided to make the car sound a bit better and also added a tune. After talking with Felix, i ordered up a 100 cel cat Kline System and ordered up the Cobb Accessport from Mitch at Cobb. I must say that I love both of these add ons.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:41 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Great post man. I love the stance and the sideskirts.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM
It is winter here now so I am working on some different things with the car. I had a set of Bilsteing PSS10 PASM coilovers installed.

I was also contacted by a wheel company to see if I would be interested in a deeply discounted set of wheels in return for a photo shoot with them on the car for a publication they are releasing . I cannot say a whole lot about this yet.. but here are some pics

Test fit with a 325/25/20 Michelin PSS on a 20x12.

We also did a test fit with a 305/25/20 Nitto Invo on the 12 which was just too much stretch. You could probably get away with it in the same size but with a Michelin PSS as they run so much bigger.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:48 PM

Here's a teaser shot from the photoshoot

Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
IbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to behold
looks good, makes me want to paint my side skirts and rear diffuser.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Next I wanted to change the interior up a bit. I knew that I wanted a pair of Leather Recaro Sportster CS seats. I ordered them through 3W Distributing, who is a sponsor here. These seats are amazing looking and are so comfortable and they also fold so my daughter can still get in the back seat

Old 02-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Gotta run for now... but I'll update more later

Old 02-10-2015, 03:15 PM
pshep138 is on a distinguished road
My god, what a beautiful, tastefully done car. Congrats, OP!

Old 02-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Love this 997. Let us know how it is with the new suspension set up pls.

Last edited by IMI A; 02-10-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:35 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Great progression of build. Well done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GT Silver 997TT Story -