997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2008 997tt Grey/Grey resale concern?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:58 PM
gavram will become famous soon enoughgavram will become famous soon enough
2008 997tt Grey/Grey resale concern?

I'm looking at a 2008 997tt cab manual meteor grey metallic with grey/black combo interior and I wanted to request some feedback about the popularity of this color combo for resale. It's been on the market for a few months & I thought it may be due to this being a less desirable color config but wasn't sure. It's got 27k miles, is tuned, has sport seats, and is in good shape less some minor interior wear & a couple minor level 4 DME blips for $75k. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by gavram; 06-27-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:54 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
I think cab resale is more of a concern than color outside of South Florida.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:28 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I personally like that interior and it's quite rare. I agree with NBoost on the cab comment and it being a 6speed. IMO, most consumers that want a cab, would rather have the tip because they would use the car more as a daily driver. just my thoughts though.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Goldduster is on a distinguished road
If you're going with PDK, don't bother paying for a TT. Go with a C4S or lower!! Why get a performance car and then take the control and performance out of it.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 AM
gavram will become famous soon enoughgavram will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Goldduster
If you're going with PDK, don't bother paying for a TT. Go with a C4S or lower!! Why get a performance car and then take the control and performance out of it.
Just to clarify this is a 6 speed manual

Old 06-28-2015, 11:31 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Goldduster, PDK was not available for turbos until 2010.

gavram, I would not let potential resale values dictate my choice. If you really like that car in that color combination, go for it. If you don't particularly care for it, start searching for what you really want. There seem to be many available. We don't have much control over resale values except to try to keep our cars maintained and in excellent condition.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:43 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
lol wut

Old 06-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
I don't get it, you didn't buy the car and already concern about RESALE value. As far as color combo, I think it should be fine but everyone have different taste. I live in tropical island and open top is desirable option but could hurt RESALE in colder climate areas like Ohio and North East. My advice is buy a car you like and fit into your desire and budget and don't worry about resale. The best car I ever buy and never worry about resale is my beach bum 2015 Honda Civic which I usually turn over every two years for only beach/camp/fishing duty.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:21 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Personally find the gray, blue and dark brown interiors really ugly. I'd settle for lots of exterior colors, but not as much with the interior. Agree that a cab buyer is less likely to seek a manual, so resale will be more challenging. Lately, I've been trading cars in, which has less of a role in resale.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:17 PM
sshu930 is on a distinguished road
In terms of resale and color I think the uncommon colors like, yellow, red, green, and cream are harder to sell. Cabs do depreciate more but that depreciation has already happened when it first drove off the lot. From my exp, 997tt's that can't sell is because it's modded, overpriced, bad carfax(accident or tons of owners), or some mechanical issue. This one has a tune which some people may not want. Having a tune complicates things because the car will typically need colder plugs and an upgraded clutch.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:19 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
lol wut
That is what I was thinking....and trying to figure this one out?? :-) Only reason I would change my 997 TT would be for a PDK!

DC

Old 06-28-2015, 03:15 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gavram
I'm looking at a 2008 997tt cab manual meteor grey metallic with grey/black combo interior and I wanted to request some feedback about the popularity of this color combo for resale. It's been on the market for a few months & I thought it may be due to this being a less desirable color config but wasn't sure. It's got 27k miles, is tuned, has sport seats, and is in good shape less some minor interior wear & a couple minor level 4 DME blips for $75k. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cabs are not as popular on the used market as they were new. That definitely hurts the car on the market.

Gray was the only color I wanted, do I have a pretty good idea. Black and silver have the most inventory vs demand, so they are the baseline. Lots of competition on the sales side. Gray is medium, white is very sought after. I never quite figured out what was up with red. Too rare to really see the trend. Cocoa is a weird one to but seems to sell low.

When you say tuned, do you mean upgraded turbos? Otherwise that price seems a tick high. There shouldn't be any real interior wear on a 27k car so its in poor condition relative to the easy comperables.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:18 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Lol. Have you been living under a rock since about 2008?

Pdk is incredible. Fun can be argued. The performance is proven

Old 06-28-2015, 06:11 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
gavram, IMO, short of a carfax incident, excessive wear & tear (exterior and interior) or a ridiculous DME, generally speaking the resale value of the car will be affected more by whatever you do to the car AFTER you buy it than anything BEFORE...least of all the color combo! For the record, meteor grey metallic 997TTs are fantastic...

Old 06-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Couldn't agree more. PDK completely dampens the performance of the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 997tt Grey/Grey resale concern?