997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PLEASE READ!! Many accounts on 6speed and Rennlist have been hacked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 11:27 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
PLEASE READ!! Many accounts on 6speed and Rennlist have been hacked

Hey guys,
Just a heads up. Recently, many accounts on Rennlist, mine included, got hacked. This has carried over to 6speed where most people use the same screen name and password. In my case, the hacker gained access to my account and began posting items for sale in my name. I learned of this when I could not access my account here and on rennlist nor could I reset my password as my email on file had been changed. When I clicked on my user name and went to stats/posts, I could see there were posts in the classifieds that I never made. I contacted 32Krazy who in turn notified one of the moderators who then deleted the hackers info and reset my account with a new password. I'm still locked out of my account on rennlist and the hacker is posting ads for seats in my name. Other items may be posted there as well as I have no control of my account there. I believe 32Krazy notified the moderators there as well but nothing has been done so far as far as I can tell. I'm not sure whey there are dragging their heels.

We all have to protect ourselves and on thing I would suggest when people post items up for sale that they include a picture of the item for sale along with a piece of paper showing their screen name and the current date. This will prevent the scammers from using random pictures of items they copied on line. Also beware of people that you can not contact by phone.

For anyone that has a Rennlist account, it might be a good idea to copy and post a version of this thread on Rennlist also. Once people are aware of this, this will make the job of the scammers that much more difficult and they will move on. Thanks!

Last edited by pwdrhound; 05-23-2016 at 11:33 AM.