997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Looking to build up my 997.2 PDK Turbo to approx 900WHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Looking to build up my 997.2 PDK Turbo to approx 900WHP

So I am thinking doing the following to add to my current parts
I currently have an AMS IC kit, 3" Exhaust and Stock Frame Billet Wheel turbos along with a Cobb. The bad is I dont have Chronosport. Car is super fun so far, but lacks launch control.

I would like to do a Syvecs Stand Alone ECU to get launch control and better control of my ecu plus the ability to add 6 more regular injectors.

If that is possible with the Syvecs, then I would build the motor with rods, pistons and sleeves. Only to be able to handle the power.
Beefed up rear axles and better fuel system.

Anyone care to comment or offer some ideas. I know about the SRM Fuel Upgrades with the pump and even the secondary injectors, but I have not seen anyone doing it or any pictures or write ups.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:14 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
You will also need to do some PDK Tuning to increase the clamping force of the clutch pack to handle the increased torque associated with your 900 HP motor.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:56 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Well I went with an upgraded fuel system pegged the stock turbos full tilt 1.7 bar and the car made crazy power but PDK and drivetrain were not happy. For the power you are looking at you would need new clutchpacks and programming on the PDK. That's quite an endeavor.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:53 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Well I went with an upgraded fuel system pegged the stock turbos full tilt 1.7 bar and the car made crazy power but PDK and drivetrain were not happy. For the power you are looking at you would need new clutchpacks and programming on the PDK. That's quite an endeavor.
When you say "were not happy", what exactly are you referring to? Did it "just" slip or what problems came up?

Did you mod for a raised clutch pressure?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:35 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT996
When you say "were not happy", what exactly are you referring to? Did it "just" slip or what problems came up?

Did you mod for a raised clutch pressure?
It might a slipped just a tad in the higher gears at peak torque but that wasn't really the issue. I was getting PDK and driveline error codes which was causing the car to limp and hesitate. Sure I couldn't have kept the car out of commission and had GIAC / Champion diagnose and remedy but after 5 months or so of messing with it I just said put it back to stock. It's my track car anyway and so I don't need that much power. Also I'm not the type of person who is going to get bogged down chasing issues...I've seen that too many times. Plus I have another project - I put upgraded 68mm Tial turbos on my 991 so I'd like to only one car out of commission at a time.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:59 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Ill call you tomm. Been busy at work.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
What is crazy power?

Old 10-26-2016, 06:36 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
Making the power isn't the power. I believe the trans is the issue at that level. I think Dodson has something in the works or might be out already.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:57 PM
I did. We have a nice plan for the fuel and driveline. Super excited.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:12 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by garychios
I did. We have a nice plan for the fuel and driveline. Super excited.
In order to handle 900whp wouldn't the pdk clutch pack also have to upgraded and also the software tuning of it? For the transmission.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:53 PM
yes, spoke to him and he has a solution

Old 10-28-2016, 05:58 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by garychios
yes, spoke to him and he has a solution
That's awesome. If you and SRM build a 900whp 997 turbo pdk, that will be an absolute monster.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:09 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Sounds like a good project! Keep us posted on how your PDK solution works! I'm thinking of doing the same but only want around 700 WHP.

Old 10-31-2016, 04:32 PM
fyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant future
Is Syvecs available for the 997.2?

Old 11-01-2016, 02:29 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
I wouldn't build that car man. Your going to have a giant headache on your hands and ton of downtime. Go with a 991 TTS or 997.1.

PM me if you have any questions bud. I have the highest powered Porsche in the world so I know a little about the game.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.