997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The beauty of stickers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Porschedeisgn is on a distinguished road
The beauty of stickers...

Hi guys, they have been ard for a while already but jus like to share to those who are like me or arent aware of this..

So use to do bodykits and love they way they look but in reality its a PIA... Going carparks were nightmares.. worried abt the front worried abt the sides.. wow Its kinda stressful.. In the end i managed to damage the kits abit and their resale were only a fraction of wht i got them for. Ok i still love them but for now its no kits for me that will lower the car in anyway...

So i turn my attention to colors.. they are proly the first thing tt catches one attention. however since my car is a new car painting them will depreciate the value. Painting is also rigid.. its time consuming, and when the results come out unsatisfactory, well too bad.. respray anyone?

So went to the shop saw this black Gallardo stock.. ok nice car

A week later!!!!! THE black gallardo metaphor sized into a matte green!! Yes its wrapped completely matte green! I mean its wow to me(maybe i am lagging but still) really impressed... I mean if u dun like it jus peel away... no harm done so simple(abt 1/4 the cost of painting!!).. they are water proof and heat resistant so no issues!

Also noticed that the owner chose to cover the top of the taillights.. looks better to me.. never fancy the box rear lights

Last edited by Porschedeisgn; 06-08-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 AM
so did not waste anytime and did some quick mods...

REDED the 'S' with reflective red.. they glow under lights.. pretty much like those street signboards..

Ooch its glowing

time attack style..

Last edited by Porschedeisgn; 06-08-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
that's awesome. it's like a clear bra but not clear hehe. i've seen movies like that where bank robbers just peeled off of the stickers and got away from cops.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Time attack mirrors..

ok i know they may not appeal to everyone but if you dun like it...

change it ..( thats what i did when i tot the red was abit too busy)

Old 06-08-2008, 12:46 AM
ok enuff said.. i guess the stickers allow one to try out daring designs/colors tt once was inaccessible becos of the risk and consequences that follows.. but with stickers, you can be a daredevil and do what u like ..its almost like photoshop turn reality to me i guess. Always fancied the time attack style but worried that it might be too ricey and + did not wan to burn a hole in my pocket so nvr got the real deal but nw i guess i fulfilled a part of my desire

and btw i hear there are some 911 turning matte black last week... hope to see them ard... this is so cool

Old 06-08-2008, 12:53 AM
hey jus found this from one of the threads..

this is really TIME ATTACKED style.. wonder if i can borrow some of the ideas over hmm'

The ITALIAN FLAGGED mirrors are interesting.... maybe i shall do a German one for my mirrosss lol

Also interesting is a single strip of red tt runs on the top of the car.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschedeisgn
Also interesting is a single strip of red tt runs on the top of the car.
It would be interesting...

Old 06-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Lovely 997 you have there... the stickers look fantastic...

Yep, the film is very interesting and almost any design can be created, or as in the case of that Gallardo, fully covered. There are also a couple of Porsche's that have been fully covered in matt black for a stealth look.

I too recently succumbed to the stripe thing and covered by 996 in a few stripes. Now I have my very own Bumble Bee from Transformers!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00155.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	71325   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00157.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	71326   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00159.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	71327   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00158.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	71328  
Old 06-08-2008, 08:50 AM
WOW tts one mean machine u have there.. BEAUTY!

where did u do yours lol

wait a min.. your in sg..

just realised.. lol

Old 06-08-2008, 08:52 AM
hmm your car looks familar too.. are you the GT2 converted car. tot i seen something quite a while back.. yellow too minus the stickers...

Old 06-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Harold
Lovely 997 you have there... the stickers look fantastic...

Yep, the film is very interesting and almost any design can be created, or as in the case of that Gallardo, fully covered. There are also a couple of Porsche's that have been fully covered in matt black for a stealth look.

I too recently succumbed to the stripe thing and covered by 996 in a few stripes. Now I have my very own Bumble Bee from Transformers!!!
ok i am not reading properly..

harold any pix on the matte black .. i am dying to see it.. always pondered on this idea.. seems like its not so inaccessible like b4..

where u did yours.. ? cost?

Old 06-08-2008, 09:27 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harold
There are also a couple of Porsche's that have been fully covered in matt black for a stealth look.few stripes.
I think the idea of Sealth is undetectable, a lot of people would notice a Matte Black 997

Old 06-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Hassan is on a distinguished road
Yeah currently in Nascar, they vinyl the whole car from day to day, no more expensive paint jobs. They can come up with incredibly exotic looks and change them daily. I see no reason an entire car cannot be done if you can find the right shop you trust with a razor blade to your cars skin... No biggie for just stripes and decals... I used to have a speed shop years ago with a vinyl cutter, I once did a hood with carbon fiber vinyl for a kid who couldn't afford a replacement hood but wanted the look !

Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Porschedeisgn
hmm your car looks familar too.. are you the GT2 converted car. tot i seen something quite a while back.. yellow too minus the stickers...
Mate, did mine at the same place as yours I presume given they did the Lambo as well.

Yup, car is GT2 conversion and didn't always have the stickers (soon going to Techart conversion)

My friends car should be finished soon, will PM you once done and can have a mini gathering.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think the idea of Sealth is undetectable, a lot of people would notice a Matte Black 997
Good point...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.