997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Chrono Default Setting.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Sport Chrono Default Setting.

Is there a way to change the Sports Chrono setting to be ON from the start? I turn it on 90% of the time and it's annoying that you have to turn it on every time you start the car.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Are you referring to the sport mode being turned on and not the clock?

If that is the case there is a company that makes a module for doing just that. It also does a few neat other tricks like tilting the passenger side mirror when you are in park.

Tho this post is kinda useless as I cannot remember the name of the product that does it.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gloves
Are you referring to the sport mode being turned on and not the clock?

If that is the case there is a company that makes a module for doing just that. It also does a few neat other tricks like tilting the passenger side mirror when you are in park.

Tho this post is kinda useless as I cannot remember the name of the product that does it.

Yes I meant Sports mode turned on from start. I could care less about the clock.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM
jsimon77 is on a distinguished road
I'd love to know the name of that product.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
It may be two different units now that I think about it. I am doing some research to try and figure out what they are.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
A Softronic ECU flash can set sport mode on all the time: http://www.softronictuning.com/catal...duct_info.html

Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gloves
It may be two different units now that I think about it. I am doing some research to try and figure out what they are.
RemoteKey will do a lot of things including the mirror dip but I don't think it will do anything with engaging the sport mode.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...ode=view&id=49

Old 06-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Happy911S is on a distinguished road
I thought I wanted the car to always begin in Sports mode too until I thought more about it. I like to start my car and begin driving right away but I like to warm it up before I begin driving with SPIRIT. If I begin in the normal mode (not Sports or Sports+) then PDK shifts sooner. If I press the Sports button when I begin, PDK want to shift later.

So, I have come to realize that - for me - I prefer not to start out in Sports but as soon as the oil warms up then I switch on Sports.

Just a thought to consider.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I have a manual so driving without sport mode is lame. I also have a Softronic flash and although they turn "on" sport mode it's really not on without pushing the button to activate it. Softronic says they cannot make the button on all the time. Sucks too, I hate to have to press the button. Bummer.