997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Universal Audio Interface Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
porscheman1963 will become famous soon enough
Universal Audio Interface Question

I ordered this on my 09 which I am awaiting arrival. Do I need a special cord to hook up my IPOD or will this be included with my car ? Sorry for the lame question, did a search and could not find the answer.
Thanks

Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
It is included with the car...mine was in a clear plastic bag with the owner's manual...plug it into the connector in the center armrest console...works great...I suggest you use an iPod Classic or some such as it charges it...I believe the 3G or Touch don't charge...but don't recall. Others might know better.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM
mstams is on a distinguished road
Other cool thing is to just plug in a USD memory stick with songs.

No need for even an IPOD...

Old 04-19-2009, 07:38 PM
porscheman1963 will become famous soon enough
got it, thanks guys

Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
BayPorsche is on a distinguished road
Universal Audio Interface & iPod question. It does not appear that the iPod ever turns off. I shut off the car (and went back 30-60 minutes later) and the connected iPod (in the center armrest console) continuously shows the song (last song playing) in the "pause" mode. Do I have to disconnect iPod every time I leave the car? I have the "new" iPod Classic. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:58 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Related question: did your new car come w/ a Porsche pen in the glove compartment?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:23 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adias
Related question: did your new car come w/ a Porsche pen in the glove compartment?
Nope. Had to buy one.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Not to drag up an old thread, but does the Universal Audio Interface only work on 997.2 and not on 997.1 cars?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 AM
antinul is on a distinguished road
BayPorsche, I have the same problem. Occassionally I leave the car for a couple of days and the ipod is completely discharged, sometimes it requires a manual reset of the ipod before it will sync again. I'm using an ipod classic 120gb and Porsche supplied cable (but not the y-cable with usb) in a 2009 C2S Cab.

Originally Posted by BayPorsche
Universal Audio Interface & iPod question. It does not appear that the iPod ever turns off. I shut off the car (and went back 30-60 minutes later) and the connected iPod (in the center armrest console) continuously shows the song (last song playing) in the "pause" mode. Do I have to disconnect iPod every time I leave the car? I have the "new" iPod Classic. Thanks for the help.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I can't figure it out. Sometimes the ipod automatically is detected and accessible, sometimes it needs to be unplugged/replugged. I have a 3rd generation 40gb, that I bought to just leave in the car. The behavior does no seem related to how long the car sits. Really clueless. Asked my SA, he said this is what to expect and thinks it is the ipod, and something to do with how it "sleeps".

Haven't tried a usb stick, but they are a little small still to make a juke box that I could just plug in and forget. Anybody try it regardless??

Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Asked my SA, he said this is what to expect and thinks it is the ipod, and something to do with how it "sleeps".
Sorry, but NO, mister SA.. thats not what I would expect to happen. Other manufacturers don't seem to have this same problem (I'm told). If plugging/resetting is needed to make it work, then what I DO expect, is the iPod to be docked in a spot forward in the cabin that I can easily reach rather than back behind me!

Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Haven't tried a usb stick, but they are a little small still to make a juke box that I could just plug in and forget. Anybody try it regardless??

I can get a good bit of MP3's on a 16GB flash USB drive.... thats a metric-butt-tonne of songs with some reasonable variable compression.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Not to drag up an old thread, but does the Universal Audio Interface only work on 997.2 and not on 997.1 cars?
Not sure what you are asking. The Universal Audio Interface being discussed here is the 997.2 (PCM3) option from the factory that gives you an AUX (3.5mm jack), USB, and iPod (DIN jack for special cable) interface direct to the PCM. This option was not available on the 997.1 (PCM2)

Old 09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
It is on my 997.1 TT, 2009.

Most my music is apple lossless encoded, so a 4gb stick which is mostly what I have lying around is not so good. When I bought the ipod 1 year back, 4 gb was about as large as they got for reasonable $$. How does the music management work when you put it on a USB stick?? I'll have to give it a try.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Minok
Not sure what you are asking. The Universal Audio Interface being discussed here is the 997.2 (PCM3) option from the factory that gives you an AUX (3.5mm jack), USB, and iPod (DIN jack for special cable) interface direct to the PCM. This option was not available on the 997.1 (PCM2)
Thanks, yes, this is what I was inquiring about. No go for my 2008 997S. Oh well.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:12 PM
larrytrk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Thanks, yes, this is what I was inquiring about. No go for my 2008 997S. Oh well.
for the 997.1 get the Dension unit from Eric!! Works great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Universal Audio Interface Question