997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

"Welcome to the Family", Porsche documentary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
"Welcome to the Family", Porsche documentary

There was a 30 minute documentary tonight on IFC tonight, called, "Welcome to the Family", ostensibly about the Panamera as the latest addition to the fabled Porsche marque.

Anyone catch it?

As it happens, I was interviewed for the film, but my footage didn't make the final cut. They chose far sexier stories than mine, which was about my use of the 997S as a daily driver: hauling 250 lbs of sod in my bonnet, along with 3 toddlers in car seats home from soccer practice, running groceries in the AM, laps in the PM, etc.

However, you can see the left side of my hairline behind Seinfeld's ear in many clips, next to the guy reading the newspaper.

In any case, it is a stunningly beautiful 30 minute vignet on the Porsche marque, and the love for it. I recommend it. Even though my feelings are hurt, cutting me was probably good for resale value
CATTMAN

Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 PM
medpilot105 will become famous soon enough
<goes to DVR to search for show>

Sounds great! I hope I can find it and check it out. Congrats on being the Kevin Costner (The Big Chill) of the Porsche documentary. ;>)

Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by medpilot105
Sounds great! I hope I can find it and check it out. Congrats on being the Kevin Costner (The Big Chill) of the Porsche documentary. ;>)
Oh great, I'm the 5th Beatle!
CATTMAN

Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
it will be on again Sunday morning 10/25 10:00 am PDST for those who missed it

Old 10-16-2009, 03:15 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Anyone could record them on hdtv and post the 1st and the upcoming episodes on rapidshare.com? I know its a hassle but if anyone could, I'd really appreciate it I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want this so bad

Old 10-16-2009, 03:22 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
In any case, it is a stunningly beautiful 30 minute vignet on the Porsche marque, and the love for it. I recommend it. Even though my feelings are hurt, cutting me was probably good for resale value
CATTMAN
hahah aww, dont be too hard on yourself Kidding aside, the documentary was beautifully made, just checked it out on the ifc website! kudos!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:32 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
hahah aww, dont be too hard on yourself Kidding aside, the documentary was beautifully made, just checked it out on the ifc website! kudos!
Do you have the url for this on IFC? When I search through IFC, I can't find a video to check it out. I did set my DVR to record the 10/25 episode, but I'm too impatient to wait

Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 AM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
I have a Tivo wish list set with keyword "Porsche"... I know... I need professional help....

Old 10-16-2009, 09:38 AM
http://www.ifc.com/porsche/

please tivo then rapidshare.com ;-)