997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

09 Passenger side squeaks and rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
09 Passenger side squeaks and rattles

I was curious to know who else experiences the passenger seat rattle? Moving the seat usually alleviates it, but still annoying.

Also, on the passenger side the little compartment on the door squeaks. The dealer basically lubricated the little rubber stoppers, but it still comes and goes a little here and there. Any better solutions? I was thinking of getting another little stopper or two.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I feel your pain. I've got half my interior trim removed right now, as I am on the seemingly never-ending hunt for rattles. As soon as I eliminate one, another arrives to take it's place.

Some here claim no rattles, a reality I cannot fathom, which makes me skeptical of their sensitivity to such things.

If you really want to eliminate a rattle, you've got to be absolutely sure you know where it's coming from, and while that sounds easy, it's often not.

My technique: drive with a friend, and have him or her use a stethoscope to find the precise location of the offending rattle. Then remove the trim, add weather striping, felt tape, silicone lube, felt furniture pads, or whatever to the area, and put it back together.
CATTMAN

Old 11-04-2009, 08:36 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Scott997
I was curious to know who else experiences the passenger seat rattle? Moving the seat usually alleviates it, but still annoying.

Also, on the passenger side the little compartment on the door squeaks. The dealer basically lubricated the little rubber stoppers, but it still comes and goes a little here and there. Any better solutions? I was thinking of getting another little stopper or two.
I got it too. Moved the seat all the way so it touched the rear seat and the dash had a message, "check passenger seat position."??

Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Everyone's passenger seat rattles and if it doesn't .. it will eventually. My Turbo made it to 5500 miles with no rattle and my 997S made it to 400 miles .

I have grown fond of the rattle and don't even want to get it fixed . Perhaps being that its so common and benign the quirk takes the form of normalcy. With time it adds a certain character to driving the car . I would miss it .

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Doesn't it make you wonder why the passenger seat rattles and the driver doesn't? Or it does and we just don't notice it?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Well, I have to say it doesn't bother me as much since I know it's "Normal"

Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
..seat rattles are due to lack of farts

Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Scott997
Well, I have to say it doesn't bother me as much since I know it's "Normal"
It's not normal, it's just not abnormal.

I absolutely LOVE my 08 C2S but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've been profoundly disappointed with the rattles from this car. My 13 year old Lexus LS400 (which is nowhere near as stiff a chassis as my P car) has more than 150,000 miles on it and suffers the indignity of being parked outside and it still doesn't have one rattle or squeek. Not one. I know I'm comparing Gala to Granny Smith apples but it's unforgivable to me that my Porsche cost more than twice what my Lexus did when new and yet it squeeks and rattles like this.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by slant83
..seat rattles are due to lack of farts
I am proof that this is not true..

excuse me.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I try to stay on smooth roads . Rattles are annoying though - so far any I hear are from things I have stored in the car. I'm sure as bumpy as the ride is, rattles are inevitable. Some personalities my either need adjusting or may be incompatible with the car - I worry that I may be one of those - my BMWs did not rattle, so I'm not used to that. I hope I can adjust when the time comes.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
Buzzing and rattle noise only get more noticeable during the cold months. It is 40 degree out, still riding on PS2 and some buzzing noise from the passenger side pillar area when in PASM Sport mode or rough road. However I do expect some rattles for this car because the stiff suspension.

John

Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
EJ-997 will become famous soon enough
Try adjusting the passenger seat buckle so that it will not bang against the plastic side of the seat. You will need to adjust it every time someone uses the passenger seat.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM
g911cab is on a distinguished road
400 miles, so far no rattles. I do get a whistle from the soft top near the top of the drivers window from time to time. Hopefully it will not get worse.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
gjnockie is on a distinguished road
My 09 S does not rattle or make any noise at all. Tight as a drum so far but it only has 900 miles on it. I am surprised at all of these comments. My 06 didn't rattle either, seats, dash, nothing!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
My right side rattle came from the air vent in the right side of the dash.
The dealer took it out and insulated it and it stopped moving and rattling. It really did annoy me . Once I started hearing it I always listened for it. The car now sounds "tight" again. I don't think you should accept a rattle if it bothers you. My dealer tried 3 times before we found it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 Passenger side squeaks and rattles