997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Bluetooth Unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 11:43 PM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
New Bluetooth Unit?

Anyone have experience with the Tranzit Blu HF bluetooth unit? Dealer told me one came through with it and it worked great. Cost installed was $360 from a local stereo install place.

isimplesolutions.com/tranzit-blu-hf-bluetooth-for-any-car.html

Old 08-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Hunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really nice
Works great in my 05 with PCM 2.1 and Nokia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1. I installed it myself, it's relatively easy, so the cost was like $80 + another $20 for the required antenna adaptors, both from the same seller on eBay. I use it to stream music mainly but it's worked fine for phone calls and text messages too. There's an install thread on rennlist by Ilko if you're interested in saving a few hundred dollars to do it yourself.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
Slightly noisy

Originally Posted by sixgun95
anyone have experience with the tranzit blu hf bluetooth unit? Dealer told me one came through with it and it worked great. Cost installed was $360 from a local stereo install place.

Isimplesolutions.com/tranzit-blu-hf-bluetooth-for-any-car.html
slightly noisy, you cant hear it much while streaming music, but its there. In between songs on i radio - i can hear it. Tried switching frequencys to no avail. Still a very nice solution for calls and staying legal, and streaming music. Song titles appear on your radio. Well worth the money. I paid $280 installed.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Hunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really niceHunt3R is just really nice
Originally Posted by deaddana
slightly noisy, you cant hear it much while streaming music, but its there. In between songs on i radio - i can hear it. Tried switching frequencys to no avail. Still a very nice solution for calls and staying legal, and streaming music. Song titles appear on your radio. Well worth the money. I paid $280 installed.
Are you talking about the same thing here? iSimple TransIt BLU HF? If you have noise that you can't hear streaming music over then someone installed yours incorrectly or you're doing something wrong or we're talking about something different.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I think we are

Originally Posted by hunt3r
are you talking about the same thing here? Isimple transit blu hf? If you have noise that you can't hear streaming music over then someone installed yours incorrectly or you're doing something wrong or we're talking about something different.

perhaps not. I mean that when no music is playing ( in between songs, while iphone is searching for iradio reception, etc etc. I can hear static metallicy noises in the backround. Perhaps better antenna shielding would help. When i switched frequencys on the unit, it helped slightly. But honestly , it might have been wishful thinking on my part. There are alot of radio stations around me and alot of fm congestion. Perhaps being in city of st louis , is whats causing it. Its so slight though, its not a dealbreaker and i would do it all over again. Love streaming music and phone calls wo having to mess with the pcm.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Ah, ok. Slight static noise that's only audible when there's no other noise. Well you shouldn't be using it as an FM modulator, it should've been installed by tapping into one of the FM antennas on the back of the PCM with antenna adaptors and this would prevent any static interference from radio stations because it effectively overrides whatever station you have it set to, 98.1 by default. So something else is going on if you hear static noise coming thru. Make sure you turn up your phone's Bluetooth volume all the way. I experienced that background static myself until I turned up my Bluetooth volume on the phone and the radio was suddenly blasting so I turned the radio down a little and the static is no longer audible, even between songs when I have the music turned up really loud.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by hunt3r
ah, ok. Slight static noise that's only audible when there's no other noise. Well you shouldn't be using it as an fm modulator, it should've been installed by tapping into one of the fm antennas on the back of the pcm with antenna adaptors and this would prevent any static interference from radio stations because it effectively overrides whatever station you have it set to, 98.1 by default. So something else is going on if you hear static noise coming thru. Make sure you turn up your phone's bluetooth volume all the way. I experienced that background static myself until i turned up my bluetooth volume on the phone and the radio was suddenly blasting so i turned the radio down a little and the static is no longer audible, even between songs when i have the music turned up really loud.
mine is wired directly into antenna, its more of a whine.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:50 AM
ambroses is on a distinguished road
What are the adapters for the antenna called? I've looked at best buy and they have many styles, but it don't see the Porsche version. Is there a "name" for the type of antenna connector?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:29 PM
millertimefl is on a distinguished road
This is the one someone posted on a different thread...
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BAA2223.html

Old 08-22-2014, 01:04 PM
ufreefer is on a distinguished road
I have it and love it, excellent sound quality too

Old 08-22-2014, 07:18 PM
ambroses is on a distinguished road
Thanks Millertimefl! Now I know the lingo.