997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bumperettes gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:43 PM
markj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the rough
Bumperettes gone

Not easy, but after removing bumper shell, had to remove steel bumper to drill out rivets that hold steel bumperettes. Steel bumper back on, minus bumperettes. Body shop man scheduled to fill in bumperettes holes on bumper shell this weekend, then respray platinum silver metallic. Sorry late here, so pics dark.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:06 AM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
same.

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
interested to see what that will look like.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:22 AM
markj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the roughmarkj is a jewel in the rough
I promise no more mods, I really do want the car original, but with the absence of bumperettes on newer models, and the thought of losing that little bit of weight on the tail, I just had to do it. Will post pics when complete, hopefully by sunday evening. I am also considering a small vent at the top of the bumper, like the vent on the gt3 bumper. But then I swear I will stop!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:07 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
would it not have been cheaper to buy the eom wide body euro bumper from nyc? or about the same?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 PM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
interested in seeing the final product.

I hate the bumperettes too.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:55 PM
cheaper for me to do this, since the body shop man is a childhood friend. The bumperettes were removed (rivets drilled out) by my brother-in-law for free. I was also worried that a different bumper just might not fit right on my wide-end body. Just felt safer putting original bumper back on.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Subscribe for results.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:38 PM
myw
Originally Posted by markj
cheaper for me to do this, since the body shop man is a childhood friend. The bumperettes were removed (rivets drilled out) by my brother-in-law for free. I was also worried that a different bumper just might not fit right on my wide-end body. Just felt safer putting original bumper back on.
cool! can't wait to see.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:47 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ynot
subscribe for results.
Originally Posted by myw
cool! Can't wait to see.
+1 & 2

Old 10-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Good luck with the paint. Bumper paint match on these cars is very hard do. Because of plastic vs aluminum the bumper always looks a little different on lighter colors.

Bodyshop told me no matter how hard we try, there is no duplicating porsche's factory paint booth

Old 10-10-2015, 09:42 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
if painted well, it will be killer. Im hopping to do the same one day.
Although instead of filling in the openings and trying to paint, im thinking to create a cover for the entire area in black or CF and paint the lower part of the bumper to match.

Just a thought for now, but we'll see. im afraid it will make it look ricey.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
As I recall European 996/7 had 'clean' rear bumper. Actually I always preferred it with the bumper stops.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
what is the shop using to fill in the holes with?

Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 PM
He used plastic inserts, and some kind of 'plastic fill/glue". Taking his time, wish it was going faster, but I rather not hurry him; want a clean finish. I am thinking may have bumper back Wednesday evening. I am worried about the mesh grill I had him cut into the upper bumper; hope it is not 'too much'. Would have bothered me forever if I did not have it or try it. I suppose if I don't like it, I will have that filled in and have the bumper re-painted again.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Shardul is on a distinguished road
PM me if you want to sell the bumperettes covers of your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bumperettes gone