997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Proper position to place the "S" ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:59 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Proper position to place the "S" ???

I'd just ordered the 911 badge for the decklid & curious if there's a proper position to put the "S". I've searched thru the "let's see your rear" thread & saw quite a few positions.

1. the tail of the S goes under the last 1
2. the bottom of the S lines up even with the bottom 9 1 1
3. the top of the S lines up even to the top of 9 1 1

or is it just by preference?

TIA

Old 01-20-2016, 02:06 AM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road

This is how mine came. Which im assuming its from the factory this way.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:27 AM
gr8scott has a spectacular aura aboutgr8scott has a spectacular aura about
Hopefully this helps

Old 01-20-2016, 07:31 AM
gr8scott has a spectacular aura aboutgr8scott has a spectacular aura about

Old 01-20-2016, 08:14 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
That's good advice from gr8scott for a 4S above. I think it works well in that case because the "4S" part stands as a cluster away from the Carrera part and visually it makes a lot of sense. However, I gather you are speaking about a non-4 Carrera S. Using the 4S rule shown above made the last 1 and the S cluster together too much in my mind, breaking the 911 grouping oddly. So I just resorted to my own preference.

Here is what I ended up with, I've seen some similar ones and some different ones. The spacing of the letters here just felt right to me personally. Let me explain my rationale and method.

I experimented with laying out the letters on a piece of paper on a countertop first until I got something I thought looked right, whatever that is. To me, I guess it was laid out so that the 911 part stayed in a grouping but so that the S didn't stand too far out of line or out by itself.

Then I laid down a guide on the deck lid using masking tape and marker tics to create boxed indicators as to where the letters should go. Then I visually tested this again with the letters held with a little tape, then committed to that. Here is what I ended up with. I certainly understand that you and others could easily make different choices that look great too.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:09 PM
amstang66 is on a distinguished road
Great choice, I am debating the same issue, I like how you laid yours out.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:19 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Personal preference!

Any way you want it...

Old 01-21-2016, 01:35 PM
gt2rsobsessed will become famous soon enough
I was wondering where I could find these gloss black 9 1 1 badges. Can you guys share where you purchased from or PM me? Thanks

Old 01-21-2016, 01:42 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Mine came from our sponsor SunCoast here at the link here: https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...92370170C.html

Old 01-21-2016, 04:07 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Old 01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
I like to be different.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	437975  
Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 AM
gt2rsobsessed will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys!

Old 01-22-2016, 10:27 AM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
looks great AND oem-like !!! awesome job.

Originally Posted by StormRune
That's good advice from gr8scott for a 4S above. I think it works well in that case because the "4S" part stands as a cluster away from the Carrera part and visually it makes a lot of sense. However, I gather you are speaking about a non-4 Carrera S. Using the 4S rule shown above made the last 1 and the S cluster together too much in my mind, breaking the 911 grouping oddly. So I just resorted to my own preference.

Here is what I ended up with, I've seen some similar ones and some different ones. The spacing of the letters here just felt right to me personally. Let me explain my rationale and method.

I experimented with laying out the letters on a piece of paper on a countertop first until I got something I thought looked right, whatever that is. To me, I guess it was laid out so that the 911 part stayed in a grouping but so that the S didn't stand too far out of line or out by itself.

Then I laid down a guide on the deck lid using masking tape and marker tics to create boxed indicators as to where the letters should go. Then I visually tested this again with the letters held with a little tape, then committed to that. Here is what I ended up with. I certainly understand that you and others could easily make different choices that look great too.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:26 PM
pak6698 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone.
Where can I get one of these red "S" letters.
I have a 911 4S Cab. The car is black and I think a red "S" would set off the rear perfectly!

Old 02-24-2017, 03:33 PM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
Suncoast, Bumper Plugs, or just take yours off, strip the two way tape off the S, put new tape on, paint the color you wish, apply to the rear deck.

I think Suncoast sells them for $100, not sure about Bumper Plugs, but I did mine DIY for $8 and two premium brewskis.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proper position to place the "S" ???