997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Titanium Wheel Stud Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Titanium Wheel Stud Kit

A lot of people were asking if we could make a wheel stud kit for the Porsche in titanium so we went ahead and made some.

We use Grade 5 6AL4V titanium on both the stud and the nut in the kit.

The kit comes with 20 studs, 20 nuts (in either ball seat for stock wheels or conical seat for aftermarket wheels) and Loctite to secure the stud to the hub. We have limited inventory of the product right now but it is available for purchase on our website.

You can purchase this kit with this link.

PURCHASE TITANIUM STUD KIT HERE

This kit will accept up to a 12mm spacer and like all of our titanium products, the quality is second to none.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Great addition to the product line. Any photos? What lengths are available? Is the outward end tooled so a torx or Allen key can be used on the end for tightening them into the hub or for holding them as the nut should the loctite come loose? This would be preferable to the jam nut method for tightening them initially.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
HERE ARE SOME PRODUCT PHOTOS

Name:  Studs%2020.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  252.8 KB

Name:  Studs%20amp%20Nuts%201%20Side.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  Studs%20amp%20Nuts%202%20Side.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  106.7 KB

Name:  Studs%20amp%20Nuts%201%20Up%202.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  153.0 KB

Name:  Studs%20amp%20Nuts%201%20Up.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  162.4 KB

Name:  Studs%20amp%20Nuts%2020.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  194.0 KB

Name:  Studs%201%20Side.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  72.6 KB

Name:  Studs%202%20Side.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  Studs%201%20Up.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  119.3 KB

Old 06-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
A lot of people were asking if we could make a wheel stud kit for the Porsche in titanium so we went ahead and made some.

We use Grade 5 6AL4V titanium on both the stud and the nut in the kit.

The kit comes with 20 studs, 20 nuts (in either ball seat for stock wheels or conical seat for aftermarket wheels) and Loctite to secure the stud to the hub. We have limited inventory of the product right now but it is available for purchase on our website.

You can purchase this kit with this link.

PURCHASE TITANIUM STUD KIT HERE

This kit will accept up to a 12mm spacer and like all of our titanium products, the quality is second to none.
The pics look great, but please explain what advantage I'll receive from spending $500 for wheel studs and nuts? Thanks, and happy Fourth of July!

Old 07-02-2016, 04:40 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
it's more for look than weight saving IMO, agreed the weight is less than the old rusty OEM but what saved is insignificant. But to answer your question, studs are known to be stronger than bolts i.e. cylinder head studs vs. bolts.

I do want some better lug bolts for my HRE wheels but Ti lug bolts price is crazy high, HRE quoted $1200.00/set for their.

World Motorsport Ti lug bolts set is $275.00, pretty decent IMO. Probably will order a set.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tphan
it's more for look than weight saving IMO, agreed the weight is less than the old rusty OEM but what saved is insignificant. But to answer your question, studs are known to be stronger than bolts i.e. cylinder head studs vs. bolts.

I do want some better lug bolts for my HRE wheels but Ti lug bolts price is crazy high, HRE quoted $1200.00/set for their.

World Motorsport Ti lug bolts set is $275.00, pretty decent IMO. Probably will order a set.
Let me know whenever you are ready and I will get a set out to you. If you go ahead and order them on the web site then the shipping is free.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:56 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
I think these are excellent, and look great on the car. Happy with the purchase.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo291.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	793.5 KB
ID:	453159  
Old 07-10-2016, 04:46 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nzskater
I think these are excellent, and look great on the car. Happy with the purchase.
Look good, any close up picture?

Most likely i will try out a set, $275.00 is reasonable. Frankly i can't bare to see the $1.95 zinc plated lug bolt on these wheels, just doesn't look right.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Taxi!
The pics look great, but please explain what advantage I'll receive from spending $500 for wheel studs and nuts? Thanks, and happy Fourth of July!
For people who change their own wheels (and do it a lot) aka track junkies, studs make this process so much easier.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
For people who change their own wheels (and do it a lot) aka track junkies, studs make this process so much easier.
Very true. Once car is jacked, i can swap a lug bolts wheel in 5 minutes w/a lug bolt guide.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tphan
Look good, any close up picture?

Most likely i will try out a set, $275.00 is reasonable. Frankly i can't bare to see the $1.95 zinc plated lug bolt on these wheels, just doesn't look right.
Here's a set of their closed end lug nuts on my RUF 997 and a set of their lug bolts on my CTTS. Sorry about the dirty wheels.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for all the positive reviews.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:11 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Ordered mine, waiting to receive and install.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you for your order

Old 02-16-2018, 02:08 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
A lot of people were asking if we could make a wheel stud kit for the Porsche in titanium so we went ahead and made some. We use Grade 5 6AL4V titanium on both the stud and the nut in the kit.
Is this kit OK for 970 (Panamera) ?

And second question: can you make lug nuts like these? Where socket goes inside lug nut which is better prevention from scratching wheel.

Attached Images