Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Going for Maryland VEIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Going for Maryland VEIP

Thee time has come...gotta take my Aston DB9 in for the Maryland state Vehicle emmision inspection (VEIP) ... I am guessing it's the same sorta thing in other states. In my other cars they've taken a plug into the OBD II port (same on the Aston as every other car, under the dash on the drivers side footwell area, correct?) ....I am guessing they will do the same for the DB9. Anything different about Astons or this process with the Aston that I should know about or is different?

I do have the #22 fuse pulled - but no visible codes on the dash or display. I am guessing it won't throw a code when they run the VEIP check? Any thoughts?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
From Irish07 in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-upgrade.html

If you pull the fuse and you have emissions/safety..you will fail!! The fuse does only cut power to the vacuum pump for the exhaust, but it does store a "P" code which is powertrain related, guy doing the emissions test doesn't know otherwise so you fail the test..when doing a emissions test, the car should have "NO" "P" DTC's stored, not even a simple P1000..
We've got emissions testing here and my dealer tells me the same thing. Mine's in for annual service right now; I'm having the vacuum tubes blocked and the fuse put back in.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
I just disconnected the vacuum lines at the valves on each side of the resonator and put a screw that is just slightly larger than the vacuum line to plug the line. Exhaust valves stay open all the time.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ LR that's a smart idea

I am thinking just for trial's sake, I'm gonna try it the way it is and report back to everyone... at least this way we will have a recent definitive data point for others to go on, if I need to put the 22 fuse back or do what LR has done (which I guess is the same thing Irish was reffering to) then I'll go for one of those solutions.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Okay guys took my DB9 in today around lunch time, not crowded at all I was in and out. Car PASSED with flying colors. My #22 fuse is out, no visable codes on the dial display, the operator plugged in the device to the port under the drivers side footwell and ran his test and gave me my print out and passed scored result .

Before I left a few operators crowded around the car car and took a couple of snaps, then they asked to hear the exhaust note so I gassed it a little as I rumbled off !