Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

[Sunday, May 20th] Drive, Dine & Meet - Scenic Maryland Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
[Sunday, May 20th] Drive, Dine & Meet - Scenic Maryland Tour

[Sun, May 20th 9:00-10:00 meet] - Scenic Maryland Tour

Please join us for this incredible run!!!

When: Sunday, May 20th. We will meet between 9:00–10:00AM for a prompt 10:15AM departure time.

Where: We will gather at the Starbucks at Milestone Shopping Center in Germantown , MD. Directions below.

Bring: A full tank of gas, an appetite, money for food ($20 should more than cover the meal), and a FRS or GMRS handheld radio (tuned to channel 7, subchannel 21) if you own one or a navigator that doesn't mind the twisties!!! If you plan to attend these drives regularly, I recommend getting a FRS or GMRS handheld radio… They are inexpensive and available at Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City and more… It's not a necessity but it does make it easier for all of us to keep in touch… Gina and I bought ours at Costco for $75.00 which included 3 radios, charging unit and earbuds…

RSVP: PM me or respond on this thread if you are attending so I can alert the restaurant… Also, let me know if you are bringing someone with you so I can get an accurate head count...

Event Fee: Believe it or not – FREE… What a bargain…

Route: This route will take us through 2 little known tunnels following the Civil War Trail through very historic and scenic areas of Maryland … The scenery on this tour is breathtaking and the roads are VERY challenging… A break will be planned on the route ending at the VERY scenic PB Dye Golf Club for lunch and our meet… There will be some tremendous photo opportunities on this run so bring the cameras and/or video equipment… Here's a link to the PB Dye Golf Club: http://www.pbdyegolf.com/

The Dine & Meet:
This time the Meet is just before, during and after the Dine at the golf club... We will have a lot of private parking at a VERY scenic spot for nice pictures... We will be able to stand around and chat without having to worry about being run over or being pressured to leave for the drive...

Questions? PM me or this thread! Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Starbucks Milestone:
Heading South on RT 270 from Frederick Area:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and turn left at the light at end of ramp… Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

Heading North on RT 270 from RT 495:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and bear right on ramp toward Damascus … Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… Take RT 27 South through Damascus (stay on RT 27 as it takes a Right in Damascus ) and continue until you get to RT 355 Frederick Road… Take Left on RT 355 and proceed to first light and turn right into Milestone Shopping Center … Go to stop sign and turn right and you will see Starbucks…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Starbucks Milestone
20934 Frederick Road
Germantown , Maryland 20874
301-515-1084

Directions to PB Dye Golf Club for those just attending the Dine & Meet: http://www.pbdyegolf.com/about/direction.php

If you can not make the drive, please join us at the PB Dye Golf Club for the Dine & Meet… The tour will be arriving at the golf club right about 1:00pm…

Last edited by bull30; 05-11-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
gxlex will become famous soon enoughgxlex will become famous soon enough
count me in.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
How many miles is this cruise?

Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good to me!!! I'm in as long as I get my car back from the shop.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:19 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
This tour is approx 80 miles (not quite finalized yet) and will take a little over 2 hours which includes a break... Let's get the responses in and make this event bigger than the last event in Rockville on May 6th...

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones... If you can't make the tour, please make the Dine & Meet at the golf club...

I'll be leading the pack on the tour with my 993... The roads and scenery on this tour are nothing short of spectacular

Here's some pictures of some roads on the actual tour route... I took a group of diehards out on a partial Civil War Trail tour after the drive and dine on May 6th... They wanted more ...

Attached Images    

Last edited by bull30; 05-09-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
SEAN 996 will become famous soon enoughSEAN 996 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a good time. I will be picking up a radio. The group I was in, on the last run, took an exit off 270 that I missed. I had to end my day early.
BTW, thanks bull30 for a great route.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 PM
tshack is on a distinguished road
sweet...Im again.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Got a radio as well. Channel 7 it is. Breaker, Breaker big buddy!!

It's so like Smokey and the Bandit!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:29 PM
BoostJunkie is on a distinguished road
I'll be there, maybe I'll bring the Subie this time

Old 05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Somebody bring the video mounted on top the car... The scenery coming up over the mountains and around the twisties is incredible... I ran the route today in the MINI... I had so much fun, I'm running it again tomorrow afternoon... I need another group leader... If someone wants to run the course, I'll be their copilot... Then they can be a group leader on the 20th...

I was movin' today You just gotta luv that MINI

Old 05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
I have an in-car camera mount and a video camera that I use for track days. I'm not sure how well it will capture the scenery but I should be able to get some good footage of the cars and the road in front of me.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:27 AM
I've got a camera mount as well. Will bring it with. Need to start posting these vids up on YouTube with music.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:55 AM
tshack is on a distinguished road
Can anyone post the camera mounts they have...I have a cab...so I am limited on my "mounting space" (for the camera that is).

Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Mine is made specifically to fit the STi and it's a solid mount. But if you don't have a rollbar and you want a good universal mount, look at the ones here: http://www.chasecam.com/mounts/

They are super strong and you can mount them on the windshield or the side windows. You could even put it outside the car for all kinds of angles.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
DAMN!!! I am going to be out of town that weekend...gawd, I keep missing these great runs!

I gotta make one of these again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Sunday, May 20th] Drive, Dine & Meet - Scenic Maryland Tour