Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Satellite Radio lost all stations, only preview is available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 02:29 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

I didn't use my car for a month & don't always listen to satellite radio when I'm driving. But few days ago i drove it, and found out that my Sirius stations are not there anymore & the only station I get is the 184 Preview station. So I called Sirius XM customer service, gave them my Radio iD, but they couldn't help me. They told me if want it to create new account, I had to pay for it. They advised me to have Aston dealer to call them. So, I called my local Aston Martin dealer, they are saying since you didn't bought the car from us, we can't help you.
As far as I know Aston's comes with free lifetime satellite radio.
I'm not original owner of the car, I bought it from non Aston dealer from N.C. it was working all this time & now I don't have it anymore.

Any suggestions how to get it re-activated again.

Also lately, i noticed that navi screen shows that I need to update navi software. Any idea if i can get that done by my self or aston dealer have to do it. Does anyone knows how much they charge to update ??

Thanks
Avo

Old 09-26-2016, 02:40 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
They do not come with free lifetime Sirius; it is a $1350 option. So unless the original owner paid for it at the time of purchase, then you were listening to the left over subscription from the previous owner.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:06 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
A few years ago, I can't remember the exact transition date, the lifetime subscriptions were changed to 3 years.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:05 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
On my 2014 Vantage it was 36 months free and not lifetime.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:27 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
My 2014 came with a 36 month subscription

Old 09-26-2016, 07:21 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
2015 Vantage V8S. It's three years for free....

Old 09-26-2016, 09:01 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
I was told by my sales person at Miller Motorcars that the 2009 has the life time Sirius radio. Still working as of three hours ago.

Regards,

Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I bought my 15 GT slightly used - no free Sirius at least they will not honor it.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:38 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I bought my 2012 V8VS a couple of weeks ago and the owner told me it was free Sirius for life. Mine still works. He said that they stopped offering this on later cars. Maybe that's true.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I think the lifetime use was only a few model years

Old 09-27-2016, 08:10 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I think the lifetime use was only a few model years
Yes, but this was a $1300 or so option, and not free. I have it on my DBS.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:16 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about

My car is 2013,

Old 09-27-2016, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
I bought my 2012 V8VS a couple of weeks ago and the owner told me it was free Sirius for life. Mine still works. He said that they stopped offering this on later cars. Maybe that's true.
It's never been free for life. For those who do have it for life, note that 'life' means life of the Sirius receiver in the car. If the receiver fails and is replaced, the service is terminated.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:05 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Well then, long live my Sirius receiver.

Regards,

Old 09-27-2016, 08:19 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Wow I thought it was lifetime also. I have a 2013 and still have it. I like it but not enough to subscribe beyond what came with the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio lost all stations, only preview is available