Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 1993 Mazda RX-7 R1 Competition Yellow Mica With 62K Original Miles! Excellent!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:54 PM
harvest is on a distinguished road
FS: 1993 Mazda RX-7 R1 Competition Yellow Mica With 62K Original Miles! PRICE DROP!

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $28900
Mileage: 62160
Color: Yellow
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NE
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I find myself not driving my FD much at all (1200 miles in last 14 months). The car is truly incredible in all ways. Mechanically and cosmetically it is excellent and truly a class car. I am in no way in a position that I must sell the car and low ball offers will be ignored, with all due respect.

Competition Yellow Mica was only offered as an R1 in 1993 and only 350 were made. Please take the time to read what is done to the car. The new owner will NOT be disappointed in the car. It has had so much replaced that it is nearly like a new FD. Please text for any questions: 402-677-1125

1993 Mazda RX-7 R1 Competition Yellow Mica

2k on Engine, 2k on Turbo, 62k on chassis, garage kept, clean history, title in hand, all high quality modifications. I spent the last year taking this from a nice FD to a perfect single turbo FD.

Engine:
• JDM engine rebuilt 2k miles ago (JPR) with RA super seals and a smaller street port. I opted to go with a smaller port to keep a nice, lean (i.e. not as smelly) idle. Pulls 16-18 in Hg at ~925 rpm idle. Zero issues, not a single drop of oil, coolant, nothing. Starts hot, cold, and runs to redline like a sport bike
• SBG Dual Oil Coolers
• Beautiful custom V-Mount I/C. Huge core (24” X 4.5” X 12”), Koyo radiator, fully ducted and sealed with splitter. Coolant and air temps are crazy low with this set-up (never above 85 deg Celsius, even with aggressive, redline, 15psi driving). The vented hood compliments the v-mount and is very functional.
• No A/C
• Polished
• Ported UIM
• Oil Catch can
• Hallman MBC
• Apex-i PowerFC

Driveline:
• Rebuilt transmission (6000 miles) that shifts nice and crisp with zero issues
• Poly motor mounts
• Delran diff mounts
• Diff brace
• Neo fluid in diff and trans
• ACT SS clutch (2k miles)
• ACT 9lb flywheel and counter weight
• Engine torque brace
• Mazda trix short shifter
• Mazdaspeed PPF

Suspension and Steering:
• Mavel Manual Rack
• RB Front Sway bar
• Buddy Club Coil Overs (corner balanced). They are very nice on the street and corner well.
• Banzai-Racing Trailing arms
• NEW pillow ***** and dust seals (2k on them)

Brakes and Wheels:
• Fresh stop tech rotors on all 4 corners (less than 2k miles)
• Fresh EBC Yellowstuff (GREAT street pad) (less than 2k miles)
• SS braided and coated brake lines
• Wilwood racing high temp brake fluid
• ABS works great (replaced both front sensors 2k miles ago)
• Speed bleeders on all 4 corners
• 17” Fikse Wheels. Has some road rash, but they look great from 5+ feet away.
• Toyo Proxies T1-S with lots of life on them 235/45-17 and 275/40-17

Turbo and Exhaust:
• BSWS360 Turbo (2K miles)
• Unknown (nice quality) manifold ceramic coated
• Ceramic coated and wrapped DP with two OS bungs welded in
• Resonated MP
• Amazing looking and sounding RARE RB dual tip. What’s rare about it? It has huge tips. I’m not sure when they stopped making these, but they are dual 3.5” diameter tips. They flow nice, sound nice and look perfect on an FD. I’ve never seen one that looks like this.
• RT Metallic Cat, Plumbed WG, Wannaspeed Water Injection

Fuel:
• Rewired (Dale Clark method with a direct 12 V to the main relay and extra ground) NEW supra fuel pump
• 550 primaries
• NEW 1680 secondary’s
• KG parts style rail
• Aeromotive FPR
• NEW fuel filter (1200 miles)

Ignition:
• Stock plug and wires (new)
• Stock coils
• HKS Twin power (2k miles)

Exterior:
• SBG Full Bi-Xenon HID's
• Feed replica sides
• 99 spec lip
• Authentic Panspeed vented hood
• The paint looks amazing, no swirl marks and a nice deep 3D look. A Perfect CYM. It has a few very small dings and a few scratches and pits, but it’s overall in excellent condition.

Interior:
• Stock R1 in great condition.
• AEM A-pillar Boost gauge/Water injection gauge
• New Pioneer touchscreen with BT streaming audio and all new speakers
• Heat and Blower works great
• All electronics work

Power:
478 hp @ 22psi tuned by Speed 1

Price is $28,900

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR ALL PICTURES:

http://s742.photobucket.com/user/twi...a%20RX-7%20CYM

Trev
402-677-1125

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	640.2 KB
ID:	422756   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	691.1 KB
ID:	422757   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	647.8 KB
ID:	422758   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-4.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	563.7 KB
ID:	422759   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	422760  

Last edited by harvest; 08-28-2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Price Change
Old 06-24-2015, 11:32 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Nice FD! Is the paint all original? Will any of the original parts come with the car ( e.g. wheels, exhaust, suspension, etc.)?

Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by mavila
Nice FD! Is the paint all original? Will any of the original parts come with the car ( e.g. wheels, exhaust, suspension, etc.)?
Hey there,

I do not have any stock parts left. The paint is all original except on the Panspeed hood of course. Thank you for the kind words!

Trev

Old 06-26-2015, 10:01 PM
BlackoutZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Best of Luck with the sale. That is a beautiful example of a rare car!!

Blaine

Old 06-27-2015, 04:33 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
what State are u located?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by 2swoosh
what State are u located?
Sorry about forgetting that info. The car is located in Omaha, Nebraska.

Thanks!

Trev

Old 06-27-2015, 11:30 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Yellow Mica, Chaste White R1&R2 FDs are rare find, FD lovers would go nuts.

Sold my 94 Montego Blue 4 years ago, one owner car since 1994. Love the car...but too hot for Texas triple digits summer.

GLWS, you may want post it on http://www.rx7club.com long time member there (still is)

Apexi tune is a must have for these cars, mine was done by Steve Kan.

Attached Images  

Last edited by tphan; 06-27-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:39 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
I miss my FD also. I had a '93 and was the only/original owner until somebody cut me off on the freeway a few years ago and totaled the car. I expect to get another one at some point, and this is tempting. I had put only 1000 miles on a freshly built, race ported motor and Steve Kan had flown out to tune my car as well when the crash happened. Any CYM, R2, or '95 car in good condition is hard to find. Those look like CCW wheels - I had those as my track wheels on my FD also! 18x10 all around and they were sweet!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by mavila
I miss my FD also. I had a '93 and was the only/original owner until somebody cut me off on the freeway a few years ago and totaled the car. I expect to get another one at some point, and this is tempting. I had put only 1000 miles on a freshly built, race ported motor and Steve Kan had flown out to tune my car as well when the crash happened. Any CYM, R2, or '95 car in good condition is hard to find. Those look like CCW wheels - I had those as my track wheels on my FD also! 18x10 all around and they were sweet!
What a bummer! Yes, when I bought this, I was on the fence about CYM...then I saw it in person. It is unbelievable. Truly, it is. They are Fikse wheels, in fact. I thought about going with CCW 505a's, but I really actually do like these. This car is EXCEPTIONAL to drive. 22 psi on a 2500lb car is unbelievable.

Trev

Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
@OP, sorry for hijacking the 4sale thread, but the CYM R1 and Chaste White R2 FDs are awesome car, 22 psi is unreal, 14 was enough for me. After adding the CCW wheels i went little nuts adding go fast goodies HKS down pipe, Racing beat catbacks, Apexi intakes, Greddy SMIC,APexi PFC, Bilstein SS/HR springs. And Seibon carbon hood...

Wish I had a 4th garage

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14a.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	422922  
Attached Images    
Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
yellow car is the whip!

Old 06-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by cuemaster
yellow car is the whip!
Thanks man! So is that red MK4! I miss mine!

Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2015, 04:24 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Can't believe i've never seen this thing around town.

Come to the West Omaha Car's and Coffee on the 11th between 9am-11am. Pinnacle Bank parking lot north of 180th and Dodge. Would love to check out your new GTR!

Old 08-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Bump!

Old 08-03-2015, 01:02 PM
JBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of light
Can't believe I missed this here.
Trev - is the oil metering pump on the car still, or do you have to premix 2 stroke at every fillup?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 1993 Mazda RX-7 R1 Competition Yellow Mica With 62K Original Miles! Excellent!