Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hi from UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
nrick is on a distinguished road
Hi from UK

Hi

Picked up a '05 Gt on Sunday, I have been lurking for a while and took ages to choose, can honestly say since sunday I have never been happier.

The car has Bentley history, all the stamps and all the bills from new.

I don't have an owners manual for some reason all though I am trying to trace it. Any online sources? Looking at ebay on a daily basis.

The spoiler is jerky on the way down, any clues. The TPMS sensors have just started playing up and I am looking at getting a Vagcom interface. Besides the badly corroded 19" split rims it is immaculate.

Moonbeam with Portland and Nautic blue hide. Massage seats, phone, extended walnut, etc

Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, welcome and congrats! The 'jerky' spoiler on the way down is normal to warn possible fingers. These are indeed great grand touring vehicles. May she bring you many miles of smiles.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 AM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
There's a manual on eBay UK right now, item 281161780790 its very cheap currently but will no doubt go for more than that. I too didnt have one but the dealer located it for me.

The spoiler is meant to lower in a 4 motion operation if your parked, were you?

TPMS is a service item on this car, with full Bentley history they should have been changed, or are due to be changed. Its a dear thing to do too.

I just bought mine and am very happy too.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy the car.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome from "Sunny Scotland" ........well it is today thank goodness .

BTW

We want pictures

Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM
nrick is on a distinguished road
Update

Thanks for the comments, it is truly wonderful and I have had nothing but good comments about it so far. It needs a good clean, the boot and bonnet don't look as if they have been opened.

Glad on the spoiler, you forget how much thought went into these cars!

I have found tyre sensors for about £40 each, although I am not sure if the controller has gone. The screen is showing 4 time symbols and it won't switch off. What normally happens?

Going to fit the mediabridge next.....

Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
For TPMS, I recommend http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sens...y#.Uie7TCt4b3Y

They have the lowest price. 4x Oro-tek TPMS is about $140. If you want to go with the Huf (orange) sensors, they are about $320 a set. Dealer asks for $800 per set.

I've bought two sets of Oro-tek from these guys. The first set is working fine on my winter wheel. The second set is coming via mail.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
with 05MY you may have to replace control module as well, i have not tried the place lilo1980 mentions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.