Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

the future of performance Bentley GTs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
the future of performance Bentley GTs

For Steven and Doc. Steven has seenthisnin Newport Beach. The Doc, i just need to hand him a helmet and the keys.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-61.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	815.1 KB
ID:	336072   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-62.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	886.0 KB
ID:	336073   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-63.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	336074  
Old 02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
That is one badarse car in person! I'll find my pics of it tomorrow and post here.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
That is one badarse car in person! I'll find my pics of it tomorrow and post here.
You are coming to Newport Beach this year right? Those stereo boys from NewPort Beach are like waiting for you. Sadly not me. but they wait for you to come.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I'll be there with my lovely wife.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:29 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Explanation and details?

Old 02-19-2014, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by Fantasma
Explanation and details?
I know the Gintani boys. Design some aeros for them a few years ago. They are legit. You are a duck boy I see, have a bunch of them too. I ran meth too on a Bentley, fun but too much to worry about. As for the Bentley platform, I play with my toys and designs everyday. I don't just have a donor car and put over inflated numbers on a dyno. She is interesting. A lot of r and d for two years . We will just start with rebuilding the tranny and diffs and a whole bunch of performance parts that are actually tested and ran everyday when I have time. I live on a track circuit. So I get to run things everyday , when traffic is empty of course. Will be interesting to see real results. Lighter and a lot faster than what we all thought about a Bentley. Basic mods, intercoolers, charge pipes, turbos, tranny and diffs, carbon fiber everything, brake lines, 2 piece rotors, very light custom monoblocks, injectors, bigger air box, internals, carbon driveshaft and coil overs coming soon. A few more pieces of track engineering. You know, I like to drive.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Wedgeduck, sounds about like when I did to the heavily tracked yet barely street legal Ferrari. Got her down to 2900 lbs wet with driver and did immense mods to suspension, brake system, ignition system, etc too. Here are the pics from the 2013 Newport Beach show in June

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00521.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	336173   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00523.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	336174   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00524.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	336175  
Old 02-19-2014, 06:57 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
For Steven and Doc. Steven has seenthisnin Newport Beach. The Doc, i just need to hand him a helmet and the keys.
I'd be afraid to drive it. I'd be afraid I'd like it to much.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I'd be afraid to drive it. I'd be afraid I'd like it to much.
You would actually be a better driver than me. You can tell the difference in weight loss to horsepower. I have never driven a mildly modified Bentley to the extreme yet. Only my own, which scares me too.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Wedgeduck, sounds about like when I did to the heavily tracked yet barely street legal Ferrari. Got her down to 2900 lbs wet with driver and did immense mods to suspension, brake system, ignition system, etc too. Here are the pics from the 2013 Newport Beach show in June
Power to weight ratio and the redistribution of CG is the key for a modified Bentley. You can have 1000hp+ and it would not matter at 5200+lbs? . The physics alone will not add up.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 AM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Those CF panels are so sexy! Masterful gaps and fitment

Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Agree about P2W and CG plus weight distribution is important. Keeping all that weight as low to the ground as possible and reducing unsprung mass... We both know it is a constant engineering task, and risk/$$$ taking, in making it all work consistently AND reliably. When the GTC needs new rotors I might tag you about those two-piece jobbies. The guys at www.girodisc.com did the two-piece ones for the Ferrari since one of the guys who started/works there was the original Brembo engineer for the EXACT SAME uprated brake package we were using for the Ferrari. The other guy at Girodisc was an engineer at Porsche. They are both hard-core

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 02-19-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
You would actually be a better driver than me. You can tell the difference in weight loss to horsepower. I have never driven a mildly modified Bentley to the extreme yet. Only my own, which scares me too.
I have had the car in a four wheel drift a time or two and at low speeds in a U-turn it is easy to plow the front end with understeer. Since i have talked to you Wedgeduck, some months ago i have decided that my lightly modified GTC is fast enough and light enough for regular road driving. I actually find myself driving a bit more in luxury mode with the suspension on the softest setting.

Next car?? A RR Wraith LOL

Old 02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I have had the car in a four wheel drift a time or two and at low speeds in a U-turn it is easy to plow the front end with understeer. Since i have talked to you Wedgeduck, some months ago i have decided that my lightly modified GTC is fast enough and light enough for regular road driving. I actually find myself driving a bit more in luxury mode with the suspension on the softest setting.

Next car?? A RR Wraith LOL
I know the car does drive a lot better with a mild ECU tune and exhaust. Lightening up the unsprung mass with two piece rotors, a better brake compound for the brake pads, lighter monoblock wheels , stainless brake hoses and you will feel what a Bentley can do. You know this already cause you have one.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 02-19-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Agree about P2W and CG plus weight distribution is important. Keeping all that weight as low to the ground as possible and reducing unsprung mass... We both know it is a constant engineering task, and risk/$$$ taking, in making it all work consistently AND reliably. When the GTC needs new rotors I might tag you about those two-piece jobbies. The guys at www.girodisc.com did the two-piece ones for the Ferrari since one of the guys who started/works there was the original Brembo engineer for the EXACT SAME uprated brake package we were using for the Ferrari. The other guy at Girodisc was an engineer at Porsche. They are both hard-core

I got you on the the rotors or any parts you need at my Manuafacturing cost. I have dot approve stainless brake lines also. Plus I am learning so much about brake pad compounds at the moment. Neat stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the future of performance Bentley GTs