Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

About to Buy new Bentley SuperSports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
harshaw79 is on a distinguished road
About to Buy new Bentley SuperSports

Hi,
A quick question about the MY2011 Supersports. has anyone have any ideas on cup holders in teh front for this car. It might sound silly but I cannot figure out how to carry a cup of coffee or a bottle of water in the front ?

Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Is the console different from other B-GT models? If not there are cupholders between the shifter and the console storage compartment. An optional eye glass case that fits into and covers the cupholders is available but pops out easily. Have you been in the car?

Edit....Just pulled up some views of the SS center console and indeed it is different from other GT models. I noticed a rectangular cover over what I presume is a compartment at the location of the cupholders in other models. What is the function of that compartment?

Last edited by robinardoin; 04-25-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:02 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
Have your passenger hold the cup for you!!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi, I just had a call from the dealer and I believe someone, maybe the previous owner had removed the cup holder inserts from underneath the centre armrest. The rectangular opening has the 12v socket and if opted for an ashtray.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by mburnstein
Have your passenger hold the cup for you!!
And lose the chance of buying the car.. the missus will kill me if say anything close to like that

Old 04-27-2014, 02:27 PM
One other question.. has anyone used any other tires apart from Pirelles on the Supersports

Old 04-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by harshaw79
And lose the chance of buying the car.. the missus will kill me if say anything close to like that
Then be like the missus and stick it between your legs.

Last edited by Grwisher; 04-27-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:04 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Not an SS yet on a GTC use Mich Pilot Super Sports and turn in/grip is better than stock Pirelli IMHO.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-30-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi All,

I have almost made up my mind and decided to go for the MY11 Supersports. I am just waiting for some figures on the part exchange of my XJ.

Any suggestions on what i should be looking out for, any known issues, any recalls ?
Thanks
Harshaw

Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
"Any suggestions on what i should be looking out for"

Yes.....speed cameras and LASER guns.

You'll love the car!

Old 05-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Then be like the missus and stick it between your legs.
Atta boy tell em like it is.

I have heard that the europeans don't do the eating and drinking and driving like us north americans do. I have learned not to trust cup holders. I have had massive(full 24oz coke)spills when the cups come out of the holders in the truck and soak seats and carpet. I am way to protective in the Bentley. I take GR's advice and play the "ho" and keep it between my legs. I'd rather scald the ***** that stain the seat.

Hope you get your cup holders and no matter still get the SS.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:03 PM
The dealer sorted the cupholders out and I am taking delivery of the car tomorrow. It is the MY11 SS in Granite with Beluga interior.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! Am sure you'll have a great time driving it. Please post some pics when you get her.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Very well done sir. Welcome to some of the best motoring that there is.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks all. Will upload some pics as soon as i collect her..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About to Buy new Bentley SuperSports