Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2012 Bentley Mulsanne Service Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 PM
carifin is on a distinguished road
2012 Bentley Mulsanne Service Reset

Does anyone know the procedure on resetting the service due on a 2012 Mulsanne? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Resetting Service Light
1. Key in ignition switch (not turned/engine off).
2. Hold down the trip button.
3. Switch the ignition on and release the trip button.
4. A message appears in the DIP with the wording SERVICE RESET .
5. Press the OK button on the steering wheel.
6. The message will now disappear.
7. To check the procedure has worked correctly. Switch the ignition off, switch the ignition back on again. The service warning light should have disappeared.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Resetting Service Light
7. To check the procedure has worked correctly. Switch the ignition off, switch the ignition back on again. The service warning light should have disappeared.
Thank you! I'll go ahead and try this.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:56 AM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Can you let us know if this works on the current cars please.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 PM
So i tried the procedure and it seems like I'm not timing it right but it doesn't work. Here's a video on what shows up in the DIP.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:22 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Carfin, please call the service center and ask them for the procedure on newer cars... then post here

What I posted works/verified on the 06 and 07 models GT/GTC.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-03-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 AM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
I tried this on a 14MY CGT, it didn't work.
My miles and days duration are both sitting as dashes:
Miles ------
days ---

Old 09-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
That procedure only works on the 04-12 continental line. For Mulsanne and new conti/flying spur the scanner has to be used. As far as the dashes displayed instead of miles this is normal after a reset. Once it's has been driven it will calculate a new service date based on usage.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:46 PM
How far / long does it need to be driven to calculate and register values?
Is it a few miles and a few days?

Old 09-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
To be honest I'm not a 100% sure. I can tell you after a pdi I put 20-30 miles on them and they still have not calculated. If I had to guess I would say 100 miles. But this is a guess. If I get any super low mileage cars this week I'll keep an eye out see if we can solve this puzzle.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Mine was sitting at dashes (----), the dealership reset it 4 days ago, I have driven maybe only 60 miles in that time and it is still sitting at dashes. I don't doubt they reset it, perhaps I have a fault?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I can assure you it is normal. I have reset dozens of them after yearly service and they all display dashes. Put at least 100-150 mIles on it then check. I own other VAG products and there service counters count down 100 miles at a time. I don't think the logic will be much different.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks, that reassures me. I will check it again in a couple of weeks.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 PM
cl600bill is on a distinguished road
Service Now DIP Reset

Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Resetting Service Light
Just used your instructions for resetting the SERVICE NOW alert that appeared every time I've started the car for the past year. Huge thanks for solving a small but extremely annoying problem.
On a related DIP message LOW BATTERY PLEASE START ENGINE I just eliminated that one by replacing both batteries in the trunk. They were the original 10 year old VARTA brand batteries in my '06 GT. Replaced with Interstate brand --- one battery was an H8 at $225 and the other an H5 at $195 plus one hour labor at $140. I think the technician had to reset codes as well. For months it has been throwing codes like CHECK BRAKE LIGHTS and RUNNING GEAR FAULT. No more codes ---Happy Days!

Old 11-11-2016, 01:24 AM
Congrats cl600bill

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Bentley Mulsanne Service Reset