Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

rear seat ski door won't open. cgt 05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 09:00 AM
ContinentalGT05 is on a distinguished road
rear seat ski door won't open. cgt 05

The ski door has a silver button. I press it but nothing happens and I can open the small door. Any guidance ?

Old 08-27-2016, 12:30 PM
dulay is on a distinguished road
Ski door? What's that?

Old 08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ContinentalGT05
The ski door has a silver button. I press it but nothing happens and I can open the small door. Any guidance ?
Did you turn the key to unlock it ?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160827_150741.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	457532   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160827_150819.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	457533  
Old 08-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Sorry, my mistake, you meant this door, mine feels the same way, I push the button and nothing, so I push the button with one hand and push the very bottom in so the top pops out......

Name:	20160420_083130_resized.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	457537  
Old 08-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Sorry, my mistake, you meant this door, mine feels the same way, I push the button and nothing, so I push the button with one hand and push the very bottom in so the top pops out......

I tried all leverage points with button depressed. I'll try a bit harder. As you know I'm doing battery maintrnance.is it a crazy idea, while I'm testing everything, to leave a charger connected to starter battery with 110 v plug routed via ski door into the car but not connected ?

Old 08-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Administrator
to the last question, no it's not.

.press here.

Name:	20160420_083130_resized.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	457541  
Old 08-27-2016, 08:10 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
I tried all leverage points with button depressed. I'll try a bit harder. As you know I'm doing battery maintrnance.is it a crazy idea, while I'm testing everything, to leave a charger connected to starter battery with 110 v plug routed via ski door into the car but not connected ?

I could be wrong but I think the door won't open until the first snow. But you might be able to trick it by turning your air conditioning down really low with the fan on high speed.

If that fails try pushing on it from the trunk side.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:42 PM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Mines the same. I push the button and get my fingers at the top of the door to pull it open.
Crap design! Or is something else broken?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by ExSF
Mines the same. I push the button and get my fingers at the top of the door to pull it open.
Crap design! Or is something else broken?
I followed the guidance and pushed on the lower inch while depressing the button and it opened. By the way, I'm going to try to run a Cable from the battery thro the door so in an emergency I can easily charge a battery.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Administrator
I followed the guidance and pushed on the lower inch while depressing the button and it opened. By the way, I'm going to try to run a Cable from the battery thro the door so in an emergency I can easily charge a battery.
Great Idea,
But if you have access to into backseat then why not just pop the hood and hook up to the + post there and the - to the body ?

I was thinking about running a set of wires from both batteries to either under the car through the plastic spare tire area or taking those wires and make a flip down license plate holder with water tight connections there, as member GTC2007 found out when his batteries went flat and his door lock cylinder was broken, he had no access at all.....

Old 08-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Great Idea,
But if you have access to into backseat then why not just pop the hood and hook up to the + post there and the - to the body ?

I was thinking about running a set of wires from both batteries to either under the car through the plastic spare tire area or taking those wires and make a flip down license plate holder with water tight connections there, as member GTC2007 found out when his batteries went flat and his door lock cylinder was broken, he had no access at all.....

How to Access the Battery of a Bentley Continental GT When Battery Is Dead - YouTube
Seems thst using ski door is simpler than engine compartment thst requires to wrench work. But yes..good to know that .

Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 PM
My question related to the video is: If the battery is dead and the boot won't open how will we get the driver's door open to access the lever that releases the bonnet? My 2008 does not have a door lock that uses a key.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by MrVette
My question related to the video is: If the battery is dead and the boot won't open how will we get the driver's door open to access the lever that releases the bonnet? My 2008 does not have a door lock that uses a key.
Hello MrVette,
Can you post a picture of you driver's exterior door handle, I just looked at pictures of 08-09's and all have the lock cylinder for key insertion on the driver's side, just never on the passengers side from the first 03 GT.

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2016, 03:47 PM
OK, just call me stupid! I never noticed there IS a place to insert a key.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by MrVette
OK, just call me stupid! I never noticed there IS a place to insert a key.
Well being that you've got 3 years on me, I can not disrespect my elders....

Don't feel bad, I didn't know that the little button on the steering wheel was for turning on and off of the illumination of steering wheel controls.... and I spent a few time removing said wheel to inspect my installation.....

I called myself "Dumb Assss"..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rear seat ski door won't open. cgt 05