Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne remote start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:14 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Cayenne remote start

Hello guys,

It gets so cold here in the mornings, is it possible to add remote start feature to my CS? Thanks

Old 01-27-2008, 03:12 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would like to know about this as well as the electronics and wiring are complicated and I dont want to play with the wiring.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:56 AM
ventuje is on a distinguished road
I've heard you can order the pre-heat as an option. I believe Porsche uses this one
http://www.webastoshowroom.com/blueh...heat_works.htm
Not sure if its available in the US though.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:55 AM
SLP
SLP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ventuje
I've heard you can order the pre-heat as an option. I believe Porsche uses this one
http://www.webastoshowroom.com/blueh...heat_works.htm
Not sure if its available in the US though.
i wonder how much that costs? seems interesting.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
$1800 according to the FAQ's

Old 01-27-2008, 02:13 PM
NeverFastEnough is on a distinguished road
I have only heard of major unsolvable electrical problems adding remote start to any Porsche. If you ever hear of anyone who can do it with success, many would like to know. Most dealers do not recommend it.

Porsche offers the "pre-heater with timer" (option 7VE, price $1570). There are also other manufacturers as above.

Whether Porsche will ever design one is uncertain...probably not. I heard somewhere (I think off Fifth Gear) that in the UK, for example, leaving your car running while unattended is illegal. I may be wrong .

In some states (like the one I live in) leaving your car running, unattended AND unlocked is illegal (not just stupid).

Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Easy to add remote start on car with entry and drive feature and no possible on other i think. webasto and other parking heaters works ok, originally installed same like webasto termotop-c, only one troble i know - few times i see cars closing temperature and windshield flaps after removing key, and aftermarket heater not so efficient, or need some extra mods on flap control.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe I should just forget about it then... The more technology you have, the more restrictions you get

Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
baseballfanz is on a distinguished road
Here's a bit of infos if you're still interested.
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...last&TID=66775

I would check around for a shop that has already install a system in a Cayenne

Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 AM
gixxer1127 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vyper340
$1800 according to the FAQ's

anyone know if this can be installed by the dealer and what the labor looks like?

Old 01-30-2008, 12:12 PM
1800usd includes the labor

Old 01-30-2008, 01:38 PM
ACE76 is on a distinguished road
$1800 is insane...for a lot less than that, you could get a full featured alarm with motion sensors, GPS tracking, remote start, etc etc.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:25 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
I have done 2 of them so far. The key barrel is modified to interface with a can system, usually takes about 8 hours and I charge $1999.99 (that is when i used to do it so i am not advertising)( i am retired) ((somewhat)). It also includes parts which tally up. Anyways it was with a full fledged 2 way alarm remote start combo. so it would display back to you the vehicles status. i also had a few nice tricks I cam across to make life simpler. I am in contact with the 2 that i have done prior and one person still has the vehicle and it always works for him, and the other person sold there's off, and the when he told the person that it had remote start the deal was sealed.

Let me warn you people right now, doing this install requires some mechanical knowledge, proper tools, and a thorough knowledge how the CAN system works. It also helps to have access to a PIWIS, which I do/did/always will...

Further you will need to give up the chip in the key so it can be accessed by the computer to start (you have an immobilizer on it) however I was talking to an engineer that has solution to the megamos encryption... or in other words the code is broken

So the answer is yes, to the remote start. It further comes with an alarm system, and depending on the brand, it has a theft guarantee that if it is stolen and not recovered you will get $2500 back towards a new vehicle, throw a gps system on and it is $5k if it is not recovered in 30 days. also if it is recovered in 30 days you get $1k towards your deductible...

Hope that helps you out...

Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 AM
profusion is on a distinguished road
I know this thread is old but I found this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQDyYApEHI
Anyone ever had a remote start install on their Cayenne?

Old 10-28-2010, 10:30 AM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
I have done a few for a couple of my friends in the neighborhood up here.

Back in 04 I think I did one of the first and it was a 2 day project, now they have an interface module out that makes life easier, and you don't have to go through as much BS, but... you still have to go through BS. it wasn't cheap either... I charged around $1.5k - $2k because of the hassle and that was without the viper smartstart module, but included the remote start and security system combo. today would be cheaper because of the new interface module to interface the CAN system, but should still be around a $1k

back in 04 when I did one, the viper system was called carcom, and was more pager orientated since they didn't have the smart phones like today.

actually i am getting a headache just thinking about it... and before I start hearing about the price was too high... if you ever seen one of my remote start installs, it looks as if it came from the factory, and always works... no butt connectors, t-taps, glossy black cheap electrical tape, etc...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne remote start