Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

rear seat backs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 PM
fredjchavez is on a distinguished road
rear seat backs

Was wondering if anyone gets any rattles. Also, if i grab the tops and shake, each side nearest the doors gives an 1/8" or so which is probably causing the rattle over bumpy roads.

I do not think there should be any play in the hinges and was wondering if anyone else has this issue. What can I say...rattles drive me crazy!!!!!!

Fred

Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
same issue here....

Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I guess we are the only two or nobody has noticed...lol

Old 11-23-2009, 11:18 PM
i think it's somewhat psychological. I noticed it the day I first got it out of the dealership, and every time I hop into my friends' Cayennes, I notice the rattle. The funny thing is, if you tell them that the rear seats are rattling, they start hearing it too, and it drives them crazy just like me I have an appointment for December 3rd, and this time, I asked them to check to see if they can do anything about the rattling seats. We'll see, I'll update you on this.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Precision is on a distinguished road
My '08 GTS just started doing the same thing, I can't figure out what it is. It's definitely coming from the rear seats, and it's more of a squeeking than a rattle! Absolutely driving me insane!! If anyone figures it out, please let us know!!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
removing the cargo cover in the trunk helped by the way

Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM
scott_fx is on a distinguished road
i have a 'squeak' whenever anyone sit in the passenger side back seat that is very annoying, and I also have a 'rattle' that is only audible when i have the cargo cover extended.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
same here, been driving me crazy forever!! Haven't been able to pinpoint it though

Old 11-25-2009, 04:08 AM
it's the rear right two seats thats rattling. putting an 3m double sided mounting tape solved the issue. lol..

Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Where did you mount the tape?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
I may take out my seats today and have a look. I do not have hope that the stealership is going to find "anything wrong".

Old 11-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
after i SLAMMED the seats into place mine stopped....
don't know.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 AM
I tried slamming the seat backs and it didn't help. FredJChavez, did you ever get a chance to pull apart your seats yet? Pleae let us know what you find.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I took both sides out today to take a look. I tipped both sections forward and let them rest on the headrests (seat bottoms forward). The center sections are located in a short track which after the torx bolt/bracket is removed slide back toward the bumper and then can be lifted out. I good light makes it easy to see how they work. Once the center sections are out, slide the left seat toward the right side and vice versa. If you arent at a certain angle, the seats will not pull out of the mouting area pin because each pin has a keyway.

At this point, the issue is obvious (too much slop on the seat hole). There is either a plastic sleeve that broke away or some other method to tighten the clearances. I wound up cutting rubber wrapping around the pin, and duct taping. A rubber gormmet could probably be used but it has to be cut because there is a keyway. I put back together being careful not to pinch or smash my fingers by stabbing the seat backs onto the now thicker pins next to each door.

Now that there is rubber interfering with the holes on the lower seat backs, you gotta use muscle sliding them in and locating in the center tracks. BTW, be careful with the center sections as the plastic "rollers" on the center of the seat backs look like they'd be easy to bend/break.

Since at this point, the seats are relocated, you should inspect the pin length at each upper seat back to be sure their length is correct (the locking assembly catches these pins to lock and hold the seat backs). If there is any binding due to length, the seats will appear stuck making folding too much of a challenge.

Works like a charm...NO MORE seat back rattles for now!!!! YEA! I do not expect to fold the seats that often so this fix wll probably last a few years minimum. Had I had more time, I would have gotten rubber grommets but it is not a big deal since the mounting points are well hidden. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Fred

Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Good call FredJChavez, I took my truck to the dealer yesterday and after looking at it, they said the grommet around the pins that hold the seat back in were broken causing it to rattle. They ordered the parts and said it will be fixed today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rear seat backs