Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

eBay 20" wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 PM
rgibson is on a distinguished road
eBay 20" wheels?

Hi,

I'm considering the following that are always posted on eBay from a number of different sellers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-Porsche-GTS-Style-Wheels-Rims-Cayenne-Toureq-Q7-/400082460574?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item5 d26c5df9e#ht_3228wt_941

These look like the originals but 1" smaller. Has anyone tried them? I'm curious as to their quality due to the low price.

Thanks,

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-06-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: active links and not enough posts
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I can't speak with other vendor's wheels. If you're looking for Cayenne wheels. We have 22" Rinspeed style instock. Also 21" GTS rep. and 20" Turbo 2 coming in 3 weeks. We sold more than 10 set of 22" Rinspeed wheels on 6speed alone and they're TUV standard. PM me for any price quota.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 AM
George718 is on a distinguished road
Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Ebay for wheels. I made the mistake figuring I would save a few bucks. Boy did it bite me in the ***. The first pothole I hit and guess what......bent rim. There's a reason why these wheels are so inexpensive. Good luck.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
This company makes good-quality knock-off wheels.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-for-Porsche/c304318/

Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
BLKPPR is on a distinguished road
Ray,
I love the Rinspeed wheel but don't want to go 22". I would like to stay at 20". Any plans for bringing that in. I saw a pair of Cayennes at SEMA(was there for the week) both riding 22" wheels and though they look cool, I live in Philly and that's just not going to work. I bet I a not the only one that wants the Rins in 20"

Old 11-07-2010, 06:25 AM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
I found this thread very interesting. I am interested to see what year Cayenne you have, and your reasons for buying the car.

The reason I ask is these are pretty expensive vehicles, and tons of engineering went into everything about the vehicle. When I look at low cost knock off wheels, I know that they are not made with any level of quality compared to stock. I understand the desire to make the car look custom, however I always wonder about "low cost" suppliers to high performance vehicles.

Please dont take this the wrong way, as I believe you should do what makes you happy, and I am not being negative on the decision, as its understandable if you dont drive your vehicle for performance.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I bought the car 06(in my sig) as I can't drive a 911 due to family issues(I have one with two great little kids and wife and dogs). I typically trade my cars in after 2 years and after doing a ton of research found the 06 Cayenne S to be the best fit for me. I don't believe in overpaying for a newer vehicle. Could have easily bought a 10 regular cayenne or an 08-09 S bought chose this particular one due to it's condition, mileage and features. I also understand that cars depreciate faster than any other asset you own and it makes no sense to spend an addt 20K for a newer car that has the same CPO warranty as mine. In 2 years I will be ok on my trade in, you may not. If finances are not an issue for you that is great but I have a family and that always comes before me. I dont take it personally so don't take it the wrong way. As far as performance, so long as I can keep OD and rotating mass about the same performance should not suffer by upsizing wheels. I am not going to 22" wheels for that same reason. As far as spending 5000 on wheels I find it a bit much for my budget. Don't disagree that HRE's and other wheels of that caliber would be better but again I will keep the car for 2 years and the investment will not be worth it. I will also not auto cross the car so the structural integrity of the wheel should not be an issue. Sorry for the hijack

Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKPPR
Ray,
I love the Rinspeed wheel but don't want to go 22". I would like to stay at 20". Any plans for bringing that in. I saw a pair of Cayennes at SEMA(was there for the week) both riding 22" wheels and though they look cool, I live in Philly and that's just not going to work. I bet I a not the only one that wants the Rins in 20"
If you're looking for 20" Cayenne wheels. We have turbo 2 style coming next month. PM me for price quota!

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 PM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BLKPPR
I bought the car 06(in my sig) as I can't drive a 911 due to family issues(I have one with two great little kids and wife and dogs). I typically trade my cars in after 2 years and after doing a ton of research found the 06 Cayenne S to be the best fit for me. I don't believe in overpaying for a newer vehicle. Could have easily bought a 10 regular cayenne or an 08-09 S bought chose this particular one due to it's condition, mileage and features. I also understand that cars depreciate faster than any other asset you own and it makes no sense to spend an addt 20K for a newer car that has the same CPO warranty as mine. In 2 years I will be ok on my trade in, you may not. If finances are not an issue for you that is great but I have a family and that always comes before me. I dont take it personally so don't take it the wrong way. As far as performance, so long as I can keep OD and rotating mass about the same performance should not suffer by upsizing wheels. I am not going to 22" wheels for that same reason. As far as spending 5000 on wheels I find it a bit much for my budget. Don't disagree that HRE's and other wheels of that caliber would be better but again I will keep the car for 2 years and the investment will not be worth it. I will also not auto cross the car so the structural integrity of the wheel should not be an issue. Sorry for the hijack

I wasnt actually talking about your wheels that you showed. 5k for wheels cant really be considered cheap wheels. I was talking about the original question of the EBAY knock off's.

if you switch cars every two years, I agree that used is the way to go, especially if its CPO. The only reason I didnt buy CPO for the cayenne is personally I didnt like the interior in the previous generation, and like you I have family needs that keep me from a 911 at the moment.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I feel better about the Italian made replicas than I do about the Chinese made replicas. I actually run a set of Italian replicas on my C4S for my winter tires. No issues so far.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:38 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ray
If you're looking for 20" Cayenne wheels. We have turbo 2 style coming next month. PM me for price quota!

Maybe a small point, but the Turbo II wheels are 21"

Old 11-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Gamman,
Like the wheels but can't PM due to my low post count. Feel free to PM me with price. Are they mostly black with Alum spokes?

Old 11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ray

Could you please give us more info on this wheel? I'm looking for 20" wheels wheels. How are they manufactured? Forged? Cast? Weight? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Aperture776; 11-07-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
George718 is on a distinguished road
He pmmed me a price of 1,200. The wheels are cast. BTW they are listed on Ebay for half that.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:52 PM
rgibson is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 11CayenneS
I found this thread very interesting. I am interested to see what year Cayenne you have, and your reasons for buying the car.

The reason I ask is these are pretty expensive vehicles, and tons of engineering went into everything about the vehicle. When I look at low cost knock off wheels, I know that they are not made with any level of quality compared to stock. I understand the desire to make the car look custom, however I always wonder about "low cost" suppliers to high performance vehicles.

Please dont take this the wrong way, as I believe you should do what makes you happy, and I am not being negative on the decision, as its understandable if you dont drive your vehicle for performance.
A valid question. I have just purchased a 2008 CTT with the 21" sport wheels but I'm looking for a cheap set of wheels to throw some winter tires on. I don't want to worry about thrashing a set of nice wheels over the winter, but I also don't want to have a bent rim on the first pot hole. I'll probably look for a second-hand set of OEM wheels based on the feedback above.

Thanks for the advice,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eBay 20" wheels?