Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CEL lit up..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
CEL lit up..

drove for 16 miles today.. outside temp 54 F, AC/heater (inside) at 78 F..
when i parked and about to pull the key out, i noticed the CEL lit up.. no unusual noise(s).. it just lit up.. now i'm waiting for the car to cool down so i can check the oil (i just had an oil change a month ago drove it for about 900 miles now since i got it - even drove from dallas to houston).. last time i drove it was last friday for about 20 miles..

anything to look for?

Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
pull codes-

Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 PM
how can i pull codes? would the display show anything?

Old 11-14-2010, 12:30 PM
more info:

model: 06 CTT-S with 31,118 miles..

unfortunately, not the luckiest as the gas cap is sealed - that's the first thing i checked.
last friday, i took it to a shop for to get a green sheet and they said they'll need to run the emissions test again so they did that.. that's all i can think of.. then i realized i had the CEL lit up (car was just parked and when i'm to go home after work, the CEL lit up) on my MB and this is what they found out:

44714 WARR PERFORM SHORT TEST FOUND DTC 0810 AND 0814 R/R AIR PUMP RELAY PER DAS AND CKED OK PERFORELEC TEST AT AIR PUMP AND FOUND 12.4 VOLTS GOOD BUT AIR PUMP WOULD NOT COME ON R/R AIR PUMP AND REPLACED IT PERFORM TEST AFTER TEST WITH DAS ACTIVATED AIR PUMP WITH DAS AND TURNED ON OPERATING AS DESIGNED

basically something to do with some emissions part or function (i'm mechanically challenged and just typed in what they had in the invoice).. the MB was under warranty

if the same thing/same issue happened here, how much do you think the dealership would charge for this?

thanks

Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
is it safe to drive to autozone to get a read/code? don't hear/see anything unusual.. oil level ok

Old 11-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Maybe check the fuses for the secondary air injection pumps. Refer to owners manual underhood fuse box legend. There are two 40 amp fuses. Its just an emmisions related fault. It wont hurt any to drive the vehicle. If its a serious fault you will get a warning message and the CEL will flash.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
no warning messages, the CEL is still lit up..
stupid question - how would i know if any fuse(s) is/are busted?

thanks in advance!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
UPDATE: got Autozone to read and showed P0441.. scheduled appointment to Porsche West Houston on Tuesday - if it's the gas cap, I already checked and tightened it.. even added more fuel (at 1/2 tank now).. i tried to push it and boost at 0,8

as said, did emissions test prior (exactly one week ago) and didn't drive the car since the CEL..

i know the car is out of warranty and i have extended warranty but i'm a bit worried that this may cause me $$$$$$$$ for repairs (i'm doubting the company I bought the extended warranty from - it's late, but i am reading bad reviews on claims.. i called them and they said the car needs to have 1,000 miles since sign-up so that they are sure the car is in proper operating condition = and i've driven the car LESS than 1k miles)

any suggestions? any estimates on cost(s)?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
From a quick Google search:

P0441 - Evaporative Emission System - Incorrect Purge Flow - Short to Ground or Positive
P0441 - Evaporative Emission System - Incorrect Purge Flow Present
Another relevant piece of info:
Ok... Got the car back and the dealer pulled the code P0441 and diagnosed the Tank Vent Line P/N 948-110-202-01. This code re-surfaced after I cleared them on Friday to take care of the 0455 (gas cap).

Sounds simple enough to fix 1.5 hrs labour charged with this person's Cayenne...

More info with diagrams
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ault-code.html

Let us know how you make out, there's a lot of info available if you search Goggle with your code and make of vehicle. Troy

Last edited by snzuloz; 11-18-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM
thanks troy.. i read that thread while researching for relevant issues re: CEL, but without a code, i can only speculate.. anyways.. hopefully this isn't as bad as i think it is.. i will definitely update as soon as i get it fixed (fingers crossed).. i'll set up an appt with Porsche North Houston..

thanks for the link and i've read some of google's results.. wish i can understand the diagrams but i'm just a driver :-(

was telling my wife, i probably need to change career, i want to be a porsche tech.. and help out folks here ;-)