Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Experience with Porsche Of North Houston Service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
Experience with Porsche Of North Houston Service?

Anybody have experience with Porsche of North Houston service? didn't know that they were bought by another company at the start of the year.. had good experience with their previous (company) ownership re: sales, but never had found any feedbacks on service.

I had a P0441 code (CEL) and scheduled service appointment at Porsche West Houston on Tuesday..

I'm considering North Houston as they are open on Saturdays and offer a Porsche Loaner :-)

company is now operated by IndiGO

Old 11-18-2010, 08:05 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
I have been going to them for hmmmm “4 years”, never notice a change.

Dave, Aaron, parts guys and the others are extremely knowledgeable, helpful and understanding. Yet, I do express myself if I see room for improvement.

“Two thumbs up”

Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 PM
thanks for the input..

Old 11-19-2010, 06:39 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Never been.

I went by the motowerks to get my brakes looked and of course i need new rotors and pads ($900).

So I called Porsche west Houston to ask for a qoute ($1100). And then when i asked what car he could loan me he said a rent-a-car. I was shocked ! He said since they have slowed production the can't have loaners anymore. Bs ....

I will give p of n h a call . Thanks

Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 AM
scheduled appt at North Houston on Tuesday AM.. we'll see...
@Spinny - have you tried to buy parts from Suncoast and have it installed? I'll ask the tech at North Houston if they do this arrangement, i may need to change pads too.. as you said, all Momentum here are owned by Sonic so most likely, their policy for loaners are the same for all dealerships (?).. North Houston is operated by a different company

Old 11-27-2010, 09:09 AM
update.. i will be going there for my service(s).. Dave's a stand up guy.. they ran the diagnostics and reset/cleared the CEL.. forgot the exact thing that he explained to me since all i heard was Happy Thanksgiving and I'm good to go - no charge :-)

@Spinny - i asked Dave about bringing in parts and just paying for the service (there was this other guy that came in for oil change/reg service that may have included to change the air filters, etc for his 87 911, seems a regular customer of theirs, so he just pays for the service and he brings his items).. Dave said that they can do that, only that there will be NO warranty on the service.. if they put/install the parts, they warranty the parts + labor.

next service for me is for 40k miles (or maybe 6 months from now whatever comes first i guess), i'll have the coils and plugs replaced and brake fluids (not sure if that's included in the 40k miles maintenance) and pads - have to save $$$ for these services (hopefully get enough tax refund, next april 2011)

Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

3D,

Thanks for the info on the shop. I will give them a call for my front brake pads+ rotors. I will tell Dave you sent me his way.

I will not go back to the "SHOP". I took over a week and 4 msg to get one call back. I also called the other shop i told you about. They also quoted $900 or $290 just for labor. Its not worth it to bring my own parts only saves $50 (that i would prob spend shipping the pads and rotors to my house).

- JS

Last edited by spinny02; 11-27-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:45 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
I picked up wrong on line parts before.

I would allow them to do it all. Turn Key "Done"

Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 AM
1Need4Speed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Markenstein3D
Anybody have experience with Porsche of North Houston service? didn't know that they were bought by another company at the start of the year.. had good experience with their previous (company) ownership re: sales, but never had found any feedbacks on service.

I had a P0441 code (CEL) and scheduled service appointment at Porsche West Houston on Tuesday..

I'm considering North Houston as they are open on Saturdays and offer a Porsche Loaner :-)

company is now operated by IndiGO
I took my Cayenne S in for service at N Houston Porsche and they don't have a rental car setup at this location but a "borrower car" and bring it back the same day so I ended up going to Momentum Porsche off of 59 South by Beltway 8. Chase in service has been a standup guy and Momentum is about twice the size and they have Hertz rental on hand at your disposal.