Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Heated Windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 08:17 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Cayenne Heated Windshield

In another thread a question from w00tPORSCHE about the heated windshield came up. Since it was a little off topic, I started this thread. After driving with the heated windshield, these are my observations. There is an effect from headlights or any light such as lights in a parking lot. To me, it appears to form an "X" pattern branching out from the center of the light. Last night my wife and I were both in the vehicle together and I asked her opinion since I've had Lasik surgery and wanted to make sure it was not from that. We then took a ride in my other Cayenne without the heated windshield and the effect disappeared. She noticed the same thing - "X" effect with the heated windshield and none with the non-heated windshield. That being said, it did not bother either of us at all and we really had not noticed it before concentrating on looking for it.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Agree with the above. Less noticeable and better installed than RR I drive regularly.
Great at serving its purpose or installation. It becomes
Less noticeable after time.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you guys. You just saved me quite a bit of $$ ... Those Ambien refills for sleepless nights can cost ya ;-)

BTW any daytime effect ? .. and u both deserve rep points.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-28-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'm still getting them on my order....

And refills should be cheap for you.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:41 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jace
...And refills should be cheap for you.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 PM
AppleChilli will become famous soon enough
Rep; thanks for the review.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:42 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
BTW any daytime effect ?
No daytime effect that I can tell. If you really focus on the windshield instead of what is outside the windshield, you can BARELY see the lines in the windshield. Almost like those puzzles that if you squint you can see an object imbedded in the picture.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank You for that update. That heated windshield that I have on order is looking more and more good. I can train my ciliary muscles in a matter of time to look beyond the puzzle lines....

Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
FrankieJr is on a distinguished road
After a few drives you shouldn't notice kt

Old 11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Thank You for that update. That heated windshield that I have on order is looking more and more good. I can train my ciliary muscles in a matter of time to look beyond the puzzle lines....
I wouldn't have even noticed the lines during the day time unless the salesman pointed it out to me. I did find it noticeable and annoying when I drove at night though .... it was a short drive though, my wife and I both noticed something was "weird" and I realized it was an effect of looking though the lines ... effect similar to what I had after my LASIK surgery but that had gone away

Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm not worried.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
I'm not worried.
No need to worry about it. It's usefulness will be well worth it. Mine will be in heated / covered garage at home / work and I have not had problems with my windshield icing so wouldn't have use for that amenity