Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Boost Creep?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Boost Creep?

Is this boost creep?

There is a 2 mile long, slow incline hill that I drive on most days. I usually cruise up it anywhere from 50-65 mph, depending on traffic. Despite the speed, I usually just hold the gas steady up the whole thing. As I do so, I notice that the car will have slight surges. The boost gauge shows slight surges as well...maybe .05-.1 bar surges. This is definitely noticable and it drives my crazy. If the incline angle were changing or I didn't have a steady pedal foot then I can understand the boost changing. Any thoughts and/or fixes?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
It may be boost creep to an extent. If your car has not been properly tuned for your exhaust, the ECU may be detecting differences in air flow and trying madlly to fix the differences. This is an issue with many modern turbo vehicles. Have you ever noticed it fluctuating on a straight road at WOT? My WRX does this in 3rd gear fluctuatuing between 13.5psi to 17.5 psi. It gets annoying. Ive also read that it will be more noticable when the weather is colder. In your case I don't really see an overboost situation so its not dangerous but just needs slight tweeking.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Good points. I don't believe my CTT was ever flashed. Something I've toyed with doing but just didn't know if I wanted to keep an SUV as my daily...especially now that I have the 997.1TT. I still can't get the B8 S4 out of my mind as a good daily driver. Someone talk me out of it! Maybe a reflash on my CTT will make me think twice??