Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pano roof questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Brez is on a distinguished road
Pano roof questions

For those of you that have the pano roof could you share some of your experiences with this roof please?

1. Is the noise level in the cabin increased over no pano?
2. When really cold outside, is the coldness radiated down into the cabin? ie frozen head, burning feet syndrom?
3. The Pano roof shield, is it motorized? Is it soft material which flutters while you drive (when pano is closed!)or is it stiff so it looks like a normal roof?
4. If you had to do it over, would you get the pano still?

Thanks
Brez

Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Brez
For those of you that have the pano roof could you share some of your experiences with this roof please?

1. Is the noise level in the cabin increased over no pano?

Hard to compare, as I only test drove one with the regular sunroof, but I will say that I haven't noticed or even thought about noise coming from the roof.

2. When really cold outside, is the coldness radiated down into the cabin? ie frozen head, burning feet syndrom?

Hasn't been a problem at all, driving into work the last few mornings in single digit temperatures.

3. The Pano roof shield, is it motorized? Is it soft material which flutters while you drive (when pano is closed!)or is it stiff so it looks like a normal roof?

It is a soft material, motorized. No flutter at all when driving.

4. If you had to do it over, would you get the pano still?

I'll admit I was apprehensive before I took delivery because I thought with the translucent shade it wouldn't feel cozy enough when shut, either too light and/or noisy. Turns out those are non-issues. Now that I've had it for a couple of weeks it's thumbs up, would definitely get it again. (But I can see why our friends in Dubai wouldn't)

Thanks
Brez
see above

Old 12-15-2010, 12:54 PM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
Pano roof...

Agree with all of the foregoing, except, I wouldn't want another car without one I love it so much. My only issue that I would have changed is that dim dash during the day...maybe the white guages are better.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM
popsmuf is on a distinguished road
The Pano Roof construction is superb. There is no wind noise or fluttering or anything of the sort. Not sure about the cold weather, as I'm in Southern California and 40s is about as cold as it ever gets

I dont see much drawback unless you are concerned about weight.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by popsmuf
The Pano Roof construction is superb. There is no wind noise or fluttering or anything of the sort. Not sure about the cold weather, as I'm in Southern California and 40s is about as cold as it ever gets

I dont see much drawback unless you are concerned about weight.

Actually not too much of a weight penalty. The pano roof weighs 69 lbs., a 30 lb. saving over the last generation. (I don't know what the regular sunroof weighs.)

Old 12-15-2010, 05:53 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Agree totally with gammaman's comments.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Very excited to have the open view compared to my GTS.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Brez is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for your answers. I'm liking the the Pano more and more! Damn all those options!!!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:33 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Brez, here are some pics of ccexxp1's pana roof :

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=40996