Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Stole the Wifes Cayenne, Going Under the Knife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Stole the Wifes Cayenne, Going Under the Knife

So I am on my 2nd Cayenne for the wife. Love these things and will continue to buy used ones down the road. So far this Cayenne is rocking Eibach lowering springs, 22 inch GTS replica wheels, and Fabspeed Quad Tips. It was time to do some more to it so I have hijacked it leaving her with the M5 boo hoo.

First thing is the intake. Our other company, www.agency-power.com makes alot of intakes for different vehicles. Always getting requests for the Cayenne, we said, finally, lets do it! So Friday we fabbed up the kit. It consists of 2 aluminum tubes that come off the factory MAF pipe and turn down into the fender well with a K&N cone air filter. We have then designed a heat shield with mounting points to retain all the OEM plastic shroud. This gives it a stealth look. The K&N filter we use is the same from many other kits we have. It features a front induction opening as well. The filter is placed right in front of the snorkel for direct air flow. Going to dyno the SUV later to show the gains over the stock box with K&N flat panel filters. Been driving it all weekend and it feels great! The better part of the intake is that it will fit all 03-10 Cayenne S and Turbo models. (Pics and info coming soon!)

The next mod is some DRL's. Having had the DRLs on my 997TT, I love the look. The facelift design of the 08-10 has got me going on these. So I ordered a set from a vendor to fit. The DRL have individual white LED bulbs in a casing that will fit perfect below the headlights in the bumper grill. We are going to set these up to run on switch power. Tons of pics to come too.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:53 AM
eieio35 is on a distinguished road
subscribed first. That looks like my 08. Keep it coming

Old 12-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here are some sneak pics of the raw intake prototype and the LED's going in. The whole bumper has to come off to do these LEDs.

The Intake from top without heat shield

Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
subscribed.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Interesting, would like to see more of the intake setup and results from the dyno too.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor
Just finished the LED's. Will get pics up tomorrow. We will be dynoing the car with the intake tomorrow and then will dyno it stock afterwards. More info to come. Also brake change

Old 12-21-2010, 05:59 AM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vividracing
Here are some sneak pics of the raw intake prototype and the LED's going in. The whole bumper has to come off to do these LEDs.
How is the ride quality with the Eibach lowering springs? I am looking for a good solution to lower my S without the air suspension

Last edited by 11CayenneS; 12-21-2010 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Eliminating images in quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Both my old Cayenne and this one I have used the Eibach. It is the lowest drop spring you can get. I like it. Really gives the car a more sportier handling feel. Let me know if you want a set.

Old Cayenne Eibach lowered -

Old 12-21-2010, 08:52 AM
996TTfreak is on a distinguished road
Both my old Cayenne and this one I have used the Eibach. It is the lowest drop spring you can get. I like it. Really gives the car a more sportier handling feel. Let me know if you want a set.

Old Cayenne Eibach lowered -
Im the one who bought your set of 22" tires about 8 months ago...So I threw them on my Touareg...just wanted to say thanks . Also, you guys wouldnt happen to have proto'd an intake for the 4.2 V8 . And I have a set of H&R's I have to put on it....I would definitely get a set of lowering springs for the Cayenne w/o air suspension. The ride is just fine and it plants better in the corners!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
ah cool! That mini is sick! We can see if the intake fits your model. Come by and we can have a look.
Dan

Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
996TTfreak is on a distinguished road
ah cool! That mini is sick! We can see if the intake fits your model. Come by and we can have a look.
Dan
Thanks! The Mini's 6pt AP cage is out right now awaiting a CF moonroof install. Everything is done to it...BBK, suspension, gutted and the like. Need to get the CF hood, hatch and fenders cleared and installed. I will see when I can break away and get the Touareg over to you guys. I live near Lake Pleasant but work at MD Helicopters @ Falcon Field so its only a few minutes from you....

Old 12-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
So got the LEDs all handled. They are set to switch power. So they are true DRL's, but BRIGHT AS HELL! I had them stay on even at night as they look cool. The LEDs have a bracket which allows you to angle them up and down, so you dont blind people.

Now my question is, would anyone with a Cayenne be interested in getting these?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Cute little pepper

Old 12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
nice intake design... not feeling the LED's though...

Old 12-21-2010, 01:00 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I would dig a long red LED "Kit" style in the middle, and amp up the evil vader red and black combo.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stole the Wifes Cayenne, Going Under the Knife