Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I Did Something Really Stupid...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 AM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
I Did Something Really Stupid...

Ok, you know that little red sticker that warns you not to go faster than 150mph or something located on the dash under the ignition switch? Well, I didn't like it there, so, I thought I could simply peel it off. NOT SO EASY. It took me a long time to slowly "chip" away at that sticky mess, and now I have this icky looking little glue remnant mess, which I keep forgetting about. I think Goo Gone will help me out, and I will try, BUT, careful peeling that off, its not so easy to do! Next time I will ask the dealer to remove...sad for me, but true!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Congratulations - you can now go faster then 150 with only a glue stain as a reminder!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
I removed mine 4 years ago and the glue stain is still there as an eyesore

Old 01-05-2011, 12:19 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Just make sure that the goo-gone won't discolor or disfigure that area of concern. It did take the matt finish off my wife's MINI once. I would test it in a obscure spot like underneath the dash before you use it.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Try contacting Phil from DetailersDomain. He helped me out with a similar situation a while back.

I tried to peel the airbag stickers off the sunvisors in my Audi and ended up with the same sticky mess. Phil suggested a good way to get it off, I just don't remember the name of the product. He's in your area too...might be worth a trip to his shop.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wait? We are not supposed to do what?

I'll add that one to the list of things I have done with the Cayenne that Porsche does not want me to do.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
so if I remove the sticker it could run on diesel?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
ccexxp1 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the suggestion; I figured I might try goo gone, BUT, now that W00T scared me, I might just go back to dealer and ask them to do this. I feel so dumb, oh well. I really hated that sticker though!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Cayenne is on a distinguished road
I know nail polish remover really helps when removing the residue from stickers, but once again, like w00t said, try it in an inconspicuous area first.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
donovanmp is on a distinguished road
un-do-the-goo

try a little oil (vegetable or olive)... usually works and you rather smell like EVOO than look like goo!!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
WD40 does wonders removing the glue from stickers from many surfaces, though it's not the most pleasant smelling spray... it normally does the trick and shouldn't damage anything. I definitely suggest testing it somewhere obscure first... good luck!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
+ 1 on the WD40

Originally Posted by slw23
WD40 does wonders removing the glue from stickers from many surfaces, though it's not the most pleasant smelling spray... it normally does the trick and shouldn't damage anything. I definitely suggest testing it somewhere obscure first... good luck!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole
Wait? We are not supposed to do what?

I'll add that one to the list of things I have done with the Cayenne that Porsche does not want me to do.

Sounds like Cole needs to start the "How Fast Have You Squeeled Your Pig" thread... in which case I predict numbers surprisingly lower than other vehicles we have all owned.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
+ 1 on the WD40
+2 for WD40, we use it all the time on hard surfaces here at work.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
one note, never use WD40 in your car doors (locks or the hinges). It leaves a layer of residue and causes bigger problems in the future!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Did Something Really Stupid...