Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Which 21 tires for GTS wheels? Pease help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM
MTRX is on a distinguished road
Which 21 tires for GTS wheels? Pease help!

I'm due to replace all four tires on my Cayenne S. I have 21' GTS wheels with Yokohama advant sport tires right now.

I'm a big confused as far as what to put now. I'd say that Yokohamas have a good thread life and overall I was happy with them but the only thing bothered me was a ride quality sometimes/

Currently I'm looking at:

- Continentals CrossContact UHP
- Michelin Latitude Sport

It looks like Pirelli PZero is out of picture as I see a lot of bad reviews all about them.

Contis seem to be a fare deal at $350 a tire. Yokohama and Micheline are up there at about the same price which is $470.

So my question is does it worth paying almost $500 extra for a set? I know Contis are soft tires and will probably wear out faster but they also cost less so I guess that justifies it.

Please give me your feedback.... Noise levels are also important to me.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Anyone?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
At minimum, read the reviews on Tirerack and Discount Tire Direct. They are very helpful.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
At minimum, read the reviews on Tirerack and Discount Tire Direct. They are very helpful.
I did of course. They are all mixed... some say good things some say bad things. But in general Contis and Yokohama seems to have about the same rating.

The only thing I can clearly see based on reviews on the Tirerack is that Pirelli PZero is a no no.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
PZero is quite Stiff and belongs on Hypers only. I am riding yokos and this summer I will go from 20's to 22s and try the Verdestein Ultrac - I just LOVE the tread design and the reviews are pretty good.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
PZero is quite Stiff and belongs on Hypers only. I am riding yokos and this summer I will go from 20's to 22s and try the Verdestein Ultrac - I just LOVE the tread design and the reviews are pretty good.

tread design looks spectacular!

Old 02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Ebay vendor that sells them in pairs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWO-N...mZ140388964644

Old 02-11-2011, 04:56 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Not to hack your post.... But what is the best sidewall rating for 22" rims? I live in a pretty bumpy area..

Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
yokohama parada spec x are amazin,g do they make em in 21?

22" tires are like 800/set for quality tires... your 21" tires are insanely priced..

Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I have narrowed down my choice to Yokohama Advant Sport and Continental CrossContact.

It seems like Continental is easier to find and the cost about $500 (25%) less than Yokohama. I'm not sure which one I should go for? Currently I have Yokohamas and they lasted me over 20K miles.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
The cross-contact is a great tire, but they dont last, and they get noisy b4 down to the treadwear indicators. The problem is that choices are very limited in the 21" size. If you go to tire rack and compare treadwear ratings they are all about the same. Nobody really makes a 21" with higher than 320? The diff. with the conti's is they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
The cross-contact is a great tire, but they dont last, and they get noisy b4 down to the treadwear indicators. The problem is that choices are very limited in the 21" size. If you go to tire rack and compare treadwear ratings they are all about the same. Nobody really makes a 21" with higher than 320? The diff. with the conti's is they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.
The problem is that Yokohamas are like over $500 a tire installed. But they did last me 20k. If I was sure that Conti would last me at least 17 I'd go for them. How is the noise level on Contis compared to Yokohamas?

Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I've only used the Conti's. All the Yokohama's I have ever had squeal, and i cant stand that. Btw- the rear tires will wear faster than the front because they are overdriven. I was brutal on the first set of Conti's and they were only about 75% when I purchased the vehicle. I think I got 11k out of them. Might as well get over the tire wear on this ride, because it is huge.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM
There is a nother smaller factor which is a look. Yokohama's appear more wider and look a big sportier and more squarish than conti. Conti looks more round. Do you have a pictures of your 21's contis?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I had the Advans on my GTS as well and it got me through 23k.

I always tend to go with Michelin on all my cars after the OEM tires run out and I went with the Michelins as well. They have been on my GTS for 8k and it is showing no signs of wear. However, the advans were much stickier then then the Michelins.

In terms of ride, the Michelin is far better then the advans and there is much less road noise as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which 21 tires for GTS wheels? Pease help!