Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Question about wheels.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
cayguy0521 is on a distinguished road
Question about wheels.

Hi, I am thinking about change my coming cayenne S.

I order with 18 stock wheels. After car comes I am going to change my

wheels.

So my questions are...

1. Where can I trade or sell the 18 inch stock wheels with tires?

2. Other other porsche wheel from factory seems expensive for me... So, any recommandation of brands? I was thinking about change to 20 inches Leman from victor euqipment... how is it? or it is best to change wheels to fatory wheels? like 21" Sport edition and others?

3. That size (also width) of the wheels look good on 2011 cayenne S?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We take OEM wheels in on trade of HRE wheels. If those are not in your price range, you can sell them on craigslist or the forum. The Victor Equipment Lemans is a nice inexpensive wheel. We also have some 22" wheels like I have on my personal Cayenne that look like the older GTS or a twist 5 spoke. for only $995. You should go with at least a 9.5 wide.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
irwiny is on a distinguished road
I suggest you talk to the service manager at your Porsche dealer. My 08 has the factory 21 sport rims and when I was researching for used 18-19 rims for ski trips, he sent me a lot of information regarding Porsche original rims. Do not forget that you need to remove the Tire pressure monitor sensors on the factor rims. Sometimes you find rims on Craigslist.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the reply to both irwiny and vividracing.

When I built my Cayenne, thw 21 inches Sport Edution silver wheels costs about

$4800m (Include Tires). But If I want to buy individually from other companies, they

gave me price of $7500(Include Tires) with trade my stock wheels. Why it is more

expensive if I purchase wheels individually?

Are the OEM wheels are best for porsche vehicle? because it seems OEM porsche

factory wheels are more expensive than other wheels...

Vividracing, is there are any ways that I can buy used Modulare B11-(21 to 23) wheels?

Thank you!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
xcv
xcv is on a distinguished road
I might be interested in buying your 18's - I can't send a PM to you yet because of site rules, but I am looking for to replace the 17's on my 09.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
cayguy0521,

get some aftermarket wheels, forget the factory. why pay so much and still look stock.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Sorry xcv. I didn't know you reply.

I am going to keep my 18" wheels for the winter. Sorry.

LIL RAJA. yes I am looking for aftermarket! Thanks for advising. Can you suggest me

some wheels and prices? Size 22" is look good on the car, but I think I am going to

get either 20" or 21".

Old 03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cayguy0521
Sorry xcv. I didn't know you reply.

I am going to keep my 18" wheels for the winter. Sorry.

LIL RAJA. yes I am looking for aftermarket! Thanks for advising. Can you suggest me

some wheels and prices? Size 22" is look good on the car, but I think I am going to

get either 20" or 21".
John should be able to suggest something for you. He's got a set for me that he suggested for my wife's upcoming 2011 cayenne.