Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Turbo is Here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
My Turbo is Here!

Here she is! a very brief review and not in any order - Gobbs of power and torque when you want it with super smooth delivery of that power. the handling and power of this vehicle is amazing! PTV is great, PCM is greatly improved but with a steep learning curve (i am technically inclined and still think so), start/stop is nicely implemented, Bose is good, 18 way sport seats are a little tight on the back and shoulders, brakes are super, TFT screen in cluster is highly customizable, MF steering wheel is nice but it doesn't go as low as I would like (wouldnt matter if mf or not), PDCC is nice but not neccessary (I drove one with it, but did not get it), armrest is small and has very little capacity, map pockets in doors are greatly improved, interior is spacious and plenty of trunk space, panoroof is very nice and shade is near opaque, ergonomics are near perfect (i thought the first gen was perfect), brakes stop you in a hurry, transmission is flawless in automatic, heated seats and steering wheel are quick to warm up, 21's provide a firm ride in any pasm setting, LCA is not neccessary, nonsmoker packge replaces ashtray with useless compartment (ashtray would probably be better to hold change), rear view mirror is a little small. light comfort package is so worth the $250. That's it in a nutshell. Want much more detail? Ask me specifics or See W00T !

Attached Images      
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
dimf is on a distinguished road
congrats...you'll need to update your signature

Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Sweet ride
Love the angle on your first pic
The color combo is elegant and looks great with the black
I see you kept the model designation,but had Porsche removed...
Enjoy

Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Sweet ride
Love the angle on your first pic
The color combo is elegant and looks great with the black
I see you kept the model designation,but had Porsche removed...
Enjoy
Thank you! Yes I had PORSCHE removed but am having 2nd thoughts because Cayenne Turbo is a bit small (its smaller than it was on the last gen). What do you (and others) think?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ok_computadora
Thank you! Yes I had PORSCHE removed but am having 2nd thoughts because Cayenne Turbo is a bit small (its smaller than it was on the last gen). What do you (and others) think?
Love the car. Not so sure about the model desig alone. Maybe if you move it up a bit?? Look really low alone. May just need getting used to though.

Congrats!

Old 02-24-2011, 09:01 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, ok. Beautiful ride and very nice review. Enjoy her safely in good health. I too agree. Move up the model designation to center it .. the factory should have done that, I am surprised that they did not. It looks a little to small, low and lonely. I wish they had espresso all season mats. I am not liking the black ones (which is what I have).

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-24-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Added comment on floor mats.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Gooddoxbox is on a distinguished road
Congrats..thats a beautiful color combo..love the stainless skid plates..Kinda surprising that the factory opted not to center your model designation..i agree..seems a little low..im surprised you're not getting any kicks out of the LCA. I'm really finding it useful.. not sure if its just me but when i drive this Cayenne, i finally understand those words on the side mirror "objects are closer than they appear"!! Also, i've found the non smokers ashtray to be a nice home for my iphone..

Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
It's beautiful. Congrats!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Congrats, ok. Beautiful ride and very nice review. Enjoy her safely in good health. I too agree. Move up the model designation to center it .. the factory should have done that, I am surprised that they did not. It looks a little to small, low and lonely. I wish they had espresso all season mats. I am not liking the black ones (which is what I have).
Agreed about the all season. I'm getting the Cayenne turbo script used on the last gen installed.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Good idea using the last gen logo,it should fit nicely

Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Plus it would be a nice tribute to your previous gen Cayenne. I like that idea.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
Agreed about the all season. I'm getting the Cayenne turbo script used on the last gen installed.

Post pics! I would love to see how it comes out.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
pedah3 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! My turbo is 3-4 weeks out.

Amethyst/espresso-cognac.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
mine arrives at the dealer monday or tuesday

Old 02-25-2011, 03:58 PM
ManMachine is on a distinguished road
Here she is! a very brief review and not in any order - Gobbs of power and torque when you want it with super smooth delivery of that power. the handling and power of this vehicle is amazing! PTV is great, PCM is greatly improved but with a steep learning curve (i am technically inclined and still think so), start/stop is nicely implemented, Bose is good, 18 way sport seats are a little tight on the back and shoulders, brakes are super, TFT screen in cluster is highly customizable, MF steering wheel is nice but it doesn't go as low as I would like (wouldnt matter if mf or not), PDCC is nice but not neccessary (I drove one with it, but did not get it), armrest is small and has very little capacity, map pockets in doors are greatly improved, interior is spacious and plenty of trunk space, panoroof is very nice and shade is near opaque, ergonomics are near perfect (i thought the first gen was perfect), brakes stop you in a hurry, transmission is flawless in automatic, heated seats and steering wheel are quick to warm up, 21's provide a firm ride in any pasm setting, LCA is not neccessary, nonsmoker packge replaces ashtray with useless compartment (ashtray would probably be better to hold change), rear view mirror is a little small. light comfort package is so worth the $250. That's it in a nutshell. Want much more detail? Ask me specifics or See W00T!
Very nice car and pictures. So did you get PDCC or not?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Turbo is Here!