Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Service Now message and potential engine issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:40 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Service Now message and potential engine issue?

Hi Guys,

My 2009 cayenne s is due for service. I was planning on bringing the car in the following weekend, however, last night the engine would not pass about 2500 RPM, above that there is strong vibration and no power. There is no "exclamation" warning messages, only " service now" when you turn on the engine an picture of maybe oil change symbol on the lower left dashboard.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone encountered this problem?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
Hi, it is most likely that the coils are bad.. what dealer do you bring the car to? - Mike

Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 PM
taking it to townmotors tomorrow. spoke to the service manager, there is a fuel injector recall on my car, which seems to be the issue i'm having, no power at higher rpm, rough idle etc. will let everyone know if this is indeed the issue... i'm going for 20k mile service, 750 for oil change and interior cabin filter change? wow.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
According to my dealer, the recall for fuel pump (not injector) fixed the issue. They also ran a software campaign for the trailer hitch, which apparently erased my GIAC program so need to get it reinstalled.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
According to my dealer, the recall for fuel pump (not injector) fixed the issue. They also ran a software campaign for the trailer hitch, which apparently erased my GIAC program so need to get it reinstalled.
The recall for the fuel pump is what killed your GIAC program. It includes a DME reflash.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
The recall for the fuel pump is what killed your GIAC program. It includes a DME reflash.
Thanks. Does it mean that GIAC needs to reprogram their software before they reflash my car?

Old 03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Thanks. Does it mean that GIAC needs to reprogram their software before they reflash my car?
Once the recall is done, then GIAC will need to reflash your DME after that.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
can you tell the difference once the software is gone )

Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 AM
christx997 will become famous soon enough
taking it to townmotors tomorrow. spoke to the service manager, there is a fuel injector recall on my car, which seems to be the issue i'm having, no power at higher rpm, rough idle etc. will let everyone know if this is indeed the issue... i'm going for 20k mile service, 750 for oil change and interior cabin filter change? wow.
wow, 750 for a full oil change and air filter. here in tx its around 200-230 for the whole thing.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm....$16 for a filter from the stealer and $50 for 10 quarts of mobil 1 @ wal-mart. Plus about 30 min of my time.
How's that make you feel?