Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

WOO!! BEST $$$ SPENT FOR HORSE POWER BOOST - ECU tune on my 05 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
WOO!! BEST $$$ SPENT FOR HORSE POWER BOOST - ECU tune on my 05 Cayenne S

First let me say that I was VERY skeptical about the HP gains on an ECU tune for a cayenne S. I had heard 5-10 HP max for over $1000 and that did not sit right with me. After running out of things to do HP wise, I decided to go for the Tune. Here I sit 2 weeks later and I still can't get the grin off my face.

I will give some credit to John and Broadway Performance as he was needling me to do the tune when he was putting my CF wheel on. Claimed he would get me at least 20 HP. I made a deal that if I could not feel it, I wanted the old programing back and I would just pay him for his time (sucker ) Well, its a bet I never collected on as I swear the HP gains feel better than everything else I did combined (Intakes, Exhaust, Sprint Booster, Cat deletes). SO, I am now a believer and here are my detailed observations.

1. GAS MILEAGE BOOST - When I drive like a human, my gas mileage has gone up! My avg MPH never went above 9.2 MPH and now with a HEAVIER foot I am seeing over 10. I also reset the trip comp and drove with a light pedal on Saturday - I saw over 17 mph - NEVER happened before my S. This is huge as we are now marching towards the $4 per gallon days.

2. SHIFT POINTS
- DEF more aggressive shift points when left in Auto. I notice second and 3rd are tighter and the bump down from 3rd - 2nd is much more timely then before.

3. PSM OFF - NO CHOKE! - When I had the PSM off and hit max rev, my C used to choke as if it ran out of "juice" and would sputter until I shifted. Now I just bounce off the rev limiter and the "gag effect" is gone.

4. GO, GO, GO!! - The most important part of this tune! Overall, every gear is improved but 2nd is greater than before (will give you whiplash) and 4th is far from its previous Meeehhh! I get much better range out of it and a pedal mash at 50 has me up to 100 in a heartbeat. 4th is now my favorite gear replacing my punchy but top-end limited 2nd.

I don't think I can say anymore here, but, that I am a jacka$$ for not having it done sooner. If an ECU tune can do this for a lowly C, I can't imagine the punch a turbo would get (I can't believe I passed on the turbo).

And now a free plug for John again - He pushed me to get it done and put his $$ where his mouth was. I guess it helped that I was doing other work so don't ask for my deal Anyway - 1 official Joisy Fist Pump for Broadway Performance and the new Ba11s my C has.

Before anyone asks, I paid less then a G for the tune but won't say more as I am not sure John would be so happy if I am pricing his work.

Just bought a new camera mount so I will be posting some vids soon.

Enjoy!

(No dyno read outs - sorry - will try and get my Torque app working though).

Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 PM
profusion is on a distinguished road
How much was the tune and how many additional HP did you get? Contact info for John?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:47 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
HP estimated by the "black box" at 20HP (man can you feel it). Tune was less then a grand which is cheaper then everyone else I found. The dude gave me a nice deal so mention "jay's silver cayenne" which he should remember - and ask for the same pricing. Hopefully he will do it for everyone from 6 speed.

John: 973-779-8405
http://www.broadway-performance.com/contact.html

Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
mikezlee is on a distinguished road
Congrats Rox! Can't wait to do my tune as well. Is your tuning place in NJ? Looking for a good shop around the area.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by mikezlee
Congrats Rox! Can't wait to do my tune as well. Is your tuning place in NJ? Looking for a good shop around the area.
Yep. Passaic nj. Ever time i have been to johns shop he is allways working on the sickest rides. When I was there for the tune he had no less then $1m in cars in his shop. He knows his stuff and is very fair. Def my shop for anything I won't do myself.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if you would have received the same results before you made your modifications (intake, exhaust, etc...)???

I am considering doing this too but I think I am going to do what you did and mod the intake, headers and exhaust prior to doing the ECU tune.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
profusion is on a distinguished road
Im wondering if I should do those modifications as well or just save the money, sell my 05 Cayenne S and buy an 04,05 Turbo. How reliable are the 04-05 Turbos?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:00 AM
> 05 turbo = yes
> 04 turbo = no

Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see some dyno results on your car. 20HP is quite a bit on a normally aspirated car. My experience with chipping a normally aspirated car is a maximum of 5-10HP. Turbos are totally different because the boost gets increased which makes a huge difference. There isn't that much to tweak on a normally aspirated car. There is more gained on a cheap econobox but performance is generally maximized by the factory which is why you don't usually get huge gains.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by quattrotman
I'd like to see some dyno results on your car. 20HP is quite a bit on a normally aspirated car. My experience with chipping a normally aspirated car is a maximum of 5-10HP. Turbos are totally different because the boost gets increased which makes a huge difference. There isn't that much to tweak on a normally aspirated car. There is more gained on a cheap econobox but performance is generally maximized by the factory which is why you don't usually get huge gains.
This is exactly why I was not going to do the tune. I was thought total waste of $$$$ for nothing I could feel. I called john back and the calculated numbers are 10 - 15 HP + a torque bump. #'s aside, it's VERY noticeable, more so then when I did the bypass pipes (which cost me the same $$). Also, I asked John if it was OK to post the price I paid which he OKed. Also told him that if anyone calls expect that they will want the same $$ - he was cool what that too.

I paid $850 which I think is the cheapest out there. John also said he would do turbos for $300 bucks more.

Sadly, my C is capped out and I don't know of any other upgrade that can be done that will give me any more HP short of yanking out my interior. I do know there are headers avail, but they are $4K which is a waste.

Hopes this helps any speed-freaks out there

Old 05-20-2011, 07:32 AM
lbredefe is on a distinguished road
$850 seems like a VERY decent price to cap out the CS to the best it can get. will be considering this.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm still loving it! Seams as if I also picked up 1.5 extra MPG as I have continued to drive - heavy foot and all.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
did he use a brand's tune or his own? I'm in San Diego and need to know what to search for. I'm familar with tunes for audis/vws but not porsches.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:48 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice! Who's programming did you end up going with? Revo, Giac, Softronic etc... ?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:21 PM
"Broadway Tune" according to john . My guess is its a custom version of some other base flash. All I know is the box he used looks like something that the government uses to launch nukes. Took about 25 min and involved downloading my ECU programing, applying some changes and re-uploading. At least that what it looked like to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOO!! BEST $$$ SPENT FOR HORSE POWER BOOST - ECU tune on my 05 Cayenne S