Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Finally some pics of my 04 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Finally some pics of my 04 S

Just wanted to share some pics of my baby. So far the only things I've done are the clear side markers, tinted front windows, FM modulator and I added some LED DRLs set to switch power. I know some folks think this LED size seems small for the area installed but I like it. Eventually I will do an air intake, catbacks and nicer wheels and tires. I hope you like it!

Mama

Attached Images    
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM
irija is on a distinguished road
Great pix Mama. That's awesome that you're already getting a head start into the mods. Where'd you get all your stuff? I like the LEDs a lot. I see that you also did the FM Modulator. Is that the way to go for iPod / iPhone integration?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Elegant color
Looks nice with the wheel arches painted,little LEDs are cute
All the best with the mods

Last edited by pepper09tt; 04-13-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
I too love the color! My BMW was almost that same color and loved it. Glad too see you doing mods as well, frankly jealous! there is so much to do! I currently have a 944 sucking the life out of me. Again. Very nice!

Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 PM
ginatom is on a distinguished road
Hey.....Love, love, love the LED lights and I think the size is perfect. Did you add them yourself or had someone do it for you? I have the same wheels/rims on my 05 & I'm looking for new ones now. I also added the FM Modulator for my ipod & I absolutely love it.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Originally Posted by irija
Great pix Mama. That's awesome that you're already getting a head start into the mods. Where'd you get all your stuff? I like the LEDs a lot. I see that you also did the FM Modulator. Is that the way to go for iPod / iPhone integration?

Thanks! I got the LEDs online off of Ebay, the clear sidemarkers from Suncoast and the FM modulator from a stereo shop. If you don't want to spend a small fortune upgrading the stereo system (mainly because of the fiber optic harness) then it's the way to go. It's not perfect but gets the job done and sounds good.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Elegant color
Looks nice with the wheel arches painted,little LEDs are cute
All the best with the mods
Thanks, and since I'm not a big burly guy but rather a woman who loves her cars, I'll take the "cute" compliment about the LEDs. And I like the painted wheel arches over the black ones anyday, too.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by ginatom
Hey.....Love, love, love the LED lights and I think the size is perfect. Did you add them yourself or had someone do it for you? I have the same wheels/rims on my 05 & I'm looking for new ones now. I also added the FM Modulator for my ipod & I absolutely love it.

Thank you. I did the LED (and side marker) install myself and ran the wires but had a stereo shop do the actual wiring for the LEDs. They did it for $50 and that included a nice mounted switch with a light indicating power inside so I can turn them on and off whenever I want. In fact my FM modulator switch is right next to it. My husband suggested I have the wheels hydrocoated to whatever color I wanted but I think I'm going to hold out for some 20s or 22s when these tires are done.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the love guys. I LOVE the color and am enjoying living the Porsche dream and I can't wait to finish the mods. And yes, there is so much to do!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Thank you. I did the LED (and side marker) install myself and ran the wires but had a stereo shop do the actual wiring for the LEDs. They did it for $50 and that included a nice mounted switch with a light indicating power inside so I can turn them on and off whenever I want. In fact my FM modulator switch is right next to it. My husband suggested I have the wheels hydrocoated to whatever color I wanted but I think I'm going to hold out for some 20s or 22s when these tires are done.

WOW....I'm impressed. I want to add the LED's but would like to have them wired to come on with my daytime running lamps or with my headlights.

I'm looking at 20' wheels and saw a few on ebay that I'm trying to decide on. One of my tires needs to be replaced so I figured I might as well do now than later. Also what is a clear side marker? I'm clueless about cars.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Look at the front end of your Cayenne on either side, driver's or passenger side - you will see a small lens about 2" x 3" (give or take), that, unless already swapped out, looks orange. Now look at mine. They're clear.

I have a couple of wheels I'm looking at, too. I especially like the Turbo IIs in gun metal.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM

WOW....I'm impressed. I want to add the LED's but would like to have them wired to come on with my daytime running lamps or with my headlights.

I'm looking at 20' wheels and saw a few on ebay that I'm trying to decide on. One of my tires needs to be replaced so I figured I might as well do now than later. Also what is a clear side marker? I'm clueless about cars.
Did you get the side-marker thing figured out?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Oh yes I did......I figured it out that night before going to bed. I guess I just never paid any attention to them. Now if I could get my LED's & red calipers.....I would be set or maybe set for the moment. I don't think I've ever spent this much time researching or trying to find things to modify on a car. But who cares....I'm having too much fun!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Definitely lots of fun and there is so much you can do to these things. What year is yours? What engine? By the way, nice to be fellow female Cayene owners.

Last edited by Mama'sCayenne; 04-20-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Definitely lots of fun and there is so much you can do to these things. What year is yours? What engine? By the way, nice to fellow female Cayene owners.
It's an 05 w/V8 engine. I have it for almost a year & was waiting for the snow to dry-up before doing the mods. Maybe once I find someone to do my calipers I will post a few pics.

It's nice to meet you too.....I was wondering where were the female Cayenne owners? Plus where did you learn how to work on cars? or is there a book I can buy.......I'm trying to figure out how to change my stick shift & shift plate. Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally some pics of my 04 S