Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne TT ordered- please comment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
2012 Cayenne TT ordered- please comment

Hi guys:
this is my first post. i am trading in my 06' S for the 2012 for a july-aug delivery.
here is what i have for options. please feel free to comment if you think i missed anything.

exterior: Jet Black Metallic
interior: leather interior in black
premium plus package
sports package
21' 911 turbo II wheels
ski bag
stainless skid plate Front/Back
Burnmester
6 disc CD
Porsche Crest Emb Front/Rear
Carbon fiber interior package
extend grab handle trim pkg in carbon
Compass

my biggest concern is winter driving as we have snow for 5-6 month each year, should i try to find a good 21' snow tire (if there are any), or go with a second set of wheels for winter driving?

Last edited by mteddylee; 04-21-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
PANO ROOF, INSULATED GLASS, CERAMICS, just to name a few. I'd OPT for the a la cart pricing for the PDCC and PTV and NOT get the paddle shifters. I love the multifunction wheel!

And ALWAYS GET A DEDICATED WINTER SET IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM TO STORE.

UNess you are getting ceramics, you can find a 19 inch wheel that will perform BETTER in the winter than the lower profile Perelli scorpion 21 inch.

ME on the other hand is STUCK. I have ceramics, so the smallest wheel I can have is a 20 I think, but will be safe and just get a dedicated 21 inch winter set.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
wow thanks for pointing out the multifunction wheel, i did not realize the sport steering wheel eliminates the multifunction.
PDCC+PTV if ordered separately(3510+1490) is more expensive than the sport package($3500) itself, is it possible to still order the sport package but change the steering wheel to ones with multifuncion (i.e carbon)?

Old 04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Steering wheel change, per the qoute from my dealer, is around $1600.

J

Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
you are correct, separately purchasing outside of the package makes the money totals more.
BUT with that said I wanted the multifunction wheel, which CANNOT be added later! There are extra wires that are needed to be run from the factory to make the multi work.

CANNOT just order the package then swap the wheel later - if you actually want the button to work tried it, won't work.

I ended purchasing all items separately. The only package I purchased was the premium package I think it was called.

Now you MAY be able to get something from techart or something like that that can make a multi function wheel work down the road, but I wouldn't bet on it. Don't risk it. Get what you want by buying individually.

Sure you can change the wheel later by your dealership from the sport to the multi, but the multi button WON'T work.

Last edited by Jace; 04-21-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
i totally agree. since i ordered the carbon interior i wanted carbon steering wheels but was told not compatible with sports package.

thanks a million to point that out. i made the same mistake on my 05' 997 S, i was kicking myself when i picked up the car and found out steering wheel does absolutely nothing.

think i'll end up ordering PDCC+PTV by itself with carbon steering wheel.

my allocation slot is June (6/1/11-6/30/11), does that mean I have until end of May to change options?

Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by mteddylee
i totally agree. since i ordered the carbon interior i wanted carbon steering wheels but was told not compatible with sports package.

thanks a million to point that out. i made the same mistake on my 05' 997 S, i was kicking myself when i picked up the car and found out steering wheel does absolutely nothing.

think i'll end up ordering PDCC+PTV by itself with carbon steering wheel.

my allocation slot is June (6/1/11-6/30/11), does that mean I have until end of May to change options?
NOOOOO
once you build your car with your sales associate there is NO WAY TO TELL when your car will be locked. Porsche locks their cars quite soon after a build is placed.

You could place your build with your person tomorrow and within 2 weeks your car could be locked, even though its 2 months before your car goes to build!

This happened to me, luckily I called in a few favors and they were able to change my interior color to the umber/cream and change me to ceramics.

Don't build until you KNOW FOR SURE you will be happy with all options, or if you built and you still aren't sure on a few options, decide VERY QUICKLY or risk getting LOCKED.

Search some previous posts from me and others that had the same LOCKING problems.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
ooo i see! its quite strange as last week sales told me i can change options still for the next couple weeks and comes this morning he sent me the "work with orders option" that made me feel like i have to lock it now and not make any more changes.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Also if roof rails are important to you have them as you cannot install them at a later date. I love the thermal and noise insulating glass. It complements the Burmester very well but it does mute the nice V8 growl. Have you considered the blacked out exterior trim package and nonsmokers' package ? There is no substitute for a dedicated winter tire/wheel (preferably 18 inch) package whether you have room in the garage or not. If you don't have room in your garage, your dealer can store it for you for a small fee.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:17 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
I noticed you have the ski bag on your build. I have not seen one in person, but in photos it looks like once the factory ski bag is unfolded you'll never get it folded up neatly again. I just use a regular ski carrying bag I already had - which was a lot less than the $600 porsche wants.

does anyone who has the ski bag option care to comment?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
cayenne tt

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Also if roof rails are important to you have them as you cannot install them at a later date. I love the thermal and noise insulating glass. It complements the Burmester very well but it does mute the nice V8 growl. Have you considered the blacked out exterior trim package and nonsmokers' package ? There is no substitute for a dedicated winter tire/wheel (preferably 18 inch) package whether you have room in the garage or not. If you don't have room in your garage, your dealer can store it for you for a small fee.
Does the insulating glass makes rear window very dark due to the tint?
i thought about the nonsmoker package but sales said it would also get rid of the 12V cigarette charger which i'd like to use to charge my i phone. what do you think?

the more i research the more i believe that another winter set of wheels does beat 21' snow tires by a great length!

Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 PM
ski bag

Originally Posted by DanK
I noticed you have the ski bag on your build. I have not seen one in person, but in photos it looks like once the factory ski bag is unfolded you'll never get it folded up neatly again. I just use a regular ski carrying bag I already had - which was a lot less than the $600 porsche wants.

does anyone who has the ski bag option care to comment?
I believe this is true with the old version model. i have a 06' cayenne S and yes once it unfolds its very hard to fold back up. i think that is not the case for new ones. the new CTT i test drove at dealership had that package and the only difference is it divide the rear seat into 3 sections instead of the traditional 2, so you can still sit 4 people with the rear center piece folded down to fit the skis.

can anyone comment if my understanding is correct?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mteddylee
i thought about the nonsmoker package but sales said it would also get rid of the 12V cigarette charger which i'd like to use to charge my i phone. what do you think?
i was told otherwise by my deal and others on this board. My car is on its way so i dont know for sure, but i'm told that with the nonsmoker package you do not lose any 12V's. You only lose the ashtray insert itself and its replace by a storage pocket.

Hopefully someone who has a delivered car w/ nsp can confirm.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:39 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GBXSport
i was told otherwise by my deal and others on this board. My car is on its way so i dont know for sure, but i'm told that with the nonsmoker package you do not lose any 12V's. You only lose the ashtray insert itself and its replace by a storage pocket.

Hopefully someone who has a delivered car w/ nsp can confirm.
I can't believe that there is so much misinfo on the NSP. You don't lose any 12 V socket.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I will verify this with my sales rep again. hopefully he can verify if we will lose any 12V with the non-smoker package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne TT ordered- please comment