Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Order...need help with color options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:32 PM
NorCal_Cyclist is on a distinguished road
New Order...need help with color options

Greetings -

Due to the damage to my 2011 CTT, I'm going to get it repaired and then trade it in for a new 2012. I'm taking the opportunity to add several features my 2011 didn't have as well as color revisions. Personally, I found the Luxor Beige to be a HUGE dirt magnet - especially the carpet.

So...anyone have real life pictures of Umber Metallic or Amethyst Metallic? I would think these would be very complementary to the natural (espresso) interior.

Currently, my build is:

Premium Plus Package
Thermal/Sound Privacy Glass
Roof Rails
Front/Rear/Under body skid plates
21" Wheels
PDCC
PTV
Cargo Management
Burnmester Stereo
Illuminated Door Sills
14-way seats
Hitch

Was thinking of White with Natural Leather and Olive wood, however Porsche isn't accepting orders for White until Nov. (the pigment comes from Japan). Instead of waiting 4 extra months, I was considering switching to Umber or Meteor (wife likes Amethyst)...and was hoping to see some cars with those colors - the build web site doesn't show the colors correctly, IMHO.

Also - anyone have the Carbon Fiber interior package? Picts? Dealership is trying to talk me into Meteor/Black/Carbon. I question a dark metallic due to streaking/water spots when towel drying and the difficulty in any touch ups over a solid or lighter color.

Help and input appreciated!!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:14 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Umber looks amazing. Check out imcarnuts thread where he picked up his Umber CTT. I really wish I had been brave with my new order and went that route, especially with the congac/espresso interior.

Having said that, I got white. I got my order put in at the end of April and went with white again.

I think your build looks great. Would add the PCCB. Love the look of the PCCB, the improved breaking and the lack of break dust. Expensive, but I think worth it in the end.

Also, I like the extended exterior black package, but I am without roof rails on my current and future builds...

J

Old 05-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Yea...I should have done a quick search first...

My current CTT is white, and I liked it enough to try to order it again. The roof rails are a necessity for me, as I use mine as the "Ultimate Bike and Kayak Hauler". I use the Thule "Hullivator" - which has gas struts to assist with lifting the boat onto the roof.

I was talking to a big P-car fanatic about the PCCB's and he avoids them after cracking a rotor when he got a flat and was changing the tire. Huge costs to replace them...so I was going to skip them if they're that fragile.

Right now, I'm thinking Umber/Natural (or Black) or Meteor/Black...too unsure about the Amethyst to consider it. Wife found picts of a Yellow CTT, and is fond of that as well - certainly unusual.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:42 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Someone else also just picked up an Amethyst Cayenne, not sure if you found the pics. I'm too conservative in my taste for Amethyst or Yellow, so I'd prefer the SW or MG of the colors you mentioned. The Natural Expresso would look excellent with white IMO, and one can never go wrong with a Black int- it's just not that exciting. I prefer darker ints as I don't have the patience to keep the lighter colors clean.

+1 on Jason's recommendation for the ext trim in high gloss black. That said, you would need to get the black roof rails as well, not sure if you have a preference for the aluminum colored rails.

Nice build!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:42 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NorCal_Cyclist
Greetings -

Due to the damage to my 2011 CTT, I'm going to get it repaired and then trade it in for a new 2012. I'm taking the opportunity to add several features my 2011 didn't have as well as color revisions. Personally, I found the Luxor Beige to be a HUGE dirt magnet - especially the carpet.

So...anyone have real life pictures of Umber Metallic or Amethyst Metallic? I would think these would be very complementary to the natural (espresso) interior.

Currently, my build is:

Premium Plus Package
Roof Rails
21" Wheels
PDCC
PTV
Cargo Management
Burnmester Stereo
Illuminated Door Sills
14-way seats
Hitch

Was thinking of White with Natural Leather and Olive wood, however Porsche isn't accepting orders for White until Nov. (the pigment comes from Japan). Instead of waiting 4 extra months, I was considering switching to Umber or Meteor (wife likes Amethyst)...and was hoping to see some cars with those colors - the build web site doesn't show the colors correctly, IMHO.

Also - anyone have the Carbon Fiber interior package? Picts? Dealership is trying to talk me into Meteor/Black/Carbon. I question a dark metallic due to streaking/water spots when towel drying and the difficulty in any touch ups over a solid or lighter color.

I saw a new amethyst Cayenne at a dealer recently. It had not been washed and the dirt showed up very easily. That was just the nature of the color, it seemed, that it showed dirt very easily. I liked the meteor grey next to it better. The amethyst looked better from a distance more than up close, which I think was due to the panned view bringing out the regal nature of the color more.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:57 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-interior.html

umber one that was posted today.

i agree with interior although anything i buy will be black inside or dark grey..

Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-29-2011, 12:46 AM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
I love my yellow with umber+cream interior

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-cream-6.html

This car has new 22" HREs now

Old 05-29-2011, 01:44 AM
k123p is on a distinguished road
Amethyst Cayenne

I think the Amethyst color looks striking.

- Like a fine wine this paint scheme has deep rich hues of purple, ruby red and burgundy.

For the rest of the photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/beverly...7626759186426/

Old 05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Old 05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NorCal_Cyclist
Greetings -

Currently, my build is:

Premium Plus Package
Roof Rails
21" Wheels
PDCC
PTV
Cargo Management
Burnmester Stereo
Illuminated Door Sills
14-way seats
Hitch

I ordered the carbon package + carbon grab handles + carbon door sills. car won't be here until July so really cant comment on how it will look. We had it on the silver cls63 and carbon looked very good with the exterior color. it gives a more sportier feel. i'll post pictures when car comes in.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
After several calls back and forth to Porsche NA, it looks like I will get my original color choice - White/Natural Leather/Natural Olive Wood for a more luxurious feel than my White/Black/Black C2S has.

Also added the tinted tail lights to the above order.

Any other options I'm missing? I'm really on the fence about the PCCB's..I keep hearing that they are great for the track, but offer minimal performance improvement on the street and are fragile/expensive to repair.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by NorCal_Cyclist; 05-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.