Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Body kit is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
Body kit update!

Kit supplied by Sarona.com

Probably surprising to hear, I am only 16 and will be doing all the work myself.

Day 1
So far its been a huge pain in the @$$ removing the stock bumper, and due to the larger grills, the "funnel" that brings the air to the radiator had to come out. Looked simple enough except for the fact that the entire steel bumper had to come off to remove all the pieces.

Day 2
I am roughly 10 hours into the build. Its been interesting to say the least. With the front bumper, I removed the plastic framing (that attaches to the car and holds the side marker light) from the stock bumper. Its been epoxied to the new bumper and tweaked to perfect the fitment along the fenders. The steel bumper did not fit so well in the groove on the new bumper and prevented some of the bolt holes from lining up. Solution was, I put 1/8th inch spacers behind the bottom bolts to lift the front slightly higher. It fit nicely and corrected the fitment problem. So far I'm pretty happy with the fitment of everything.

Day 3
Had it painted and looks great.

Next on the list is to get the trim wrapped in gold chrome. Never saw it before on a Cayenne, but I love the Hamann Spyridon.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HOOD.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	674.5 KB
ID:	320071   Click image for larger version

Name:	NO BUMPER.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	320072   Click image for larger version

Name:	BUMPER.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	320073   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0366.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	320335   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0369.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	325405  

Last edited by Drk Knight; 09-03-2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: update 1
Old 01-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Removing the front bumper is not as bad as it may seem. Hopefully, you disconnected the battery before disconnecting the airbag sensors in the steel bumper reinforcement.

Just be warned that some body kits will have some slight alignment issues, so be prepared to deal with that as soon as everything is re-installed.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
Oddly enough, I didn't see any air bag sensors. There was a wire harness for the two horns, and a sensor on the hood latch support bracket I assume for the temperature. What do the air bag sensors look like?

Old 01-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Any wiring having to do with the air bags will be covered in a bright yellow wiring loom. It serves to warn you if you tamper with it with the battery connected, that you might set off the air bag system - no bueno. I might be wrong here since I did not have to remove that steel bumper reinforcement, but I thought I saw a yellow wire loom around the back of the bumper next to the horn on the passenger side.

I am sure an airbag sensor has to be around the front of the vehicle..somewhere.

Be careful, in any event.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Found them, they are small, rectangular boxes next to the air intakes. Thanks for the tip though.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Looks great Chris Can't wait to see the finished look.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 PM
CHAOS236 will become famous soon enoughCHAOS236 will become famous soon enough
Awesome project, look forward to the results.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:38 AM
gbratk is on a distinguished road
From what material is this kit made of?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:33 PM
The kit is all fiberglass. Should be returning from paint tomorrow or Thursday so I will update with the final finish!

Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 PM
gbratk is on a distinguished road
I love techart magnum body kit, but original is out of my budget. There are replicas for which they say that they are top quality and perfect fit but they are made of fiberglass. In body shop they said to me that fiberglass body kits are junk, that they will brake twist.... I own fiberglass boat, and I know that this is really strong material, so I don't understand what problem will be to put fiberglass kit on the car.

Anyway your kit look great! Can't wait to see it painted.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Many of the replica Magnum kits do not fit too well. I actually saw one on Monday that had terrible fitment problems. The reason they say fiberglass kits will break is due to the fact that you are removing the soft "5 mph bumper" that is made of rubber and replacing it with something that will easily crack if bumped in to. The fiberglass is rigid but will not flex like the OEM bumper that is made to take a hit.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Added a photo of the finished product. After all this snow stops and I can clean the whole car I will take better shots.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:00 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
looking good man cant wait to see more photos

Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Good fitment. You might want look into clear sidemarkers and lowering your Cayenne a little bit.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Keep us updated with the progress. Looks great so far!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Body kit is here!