Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CTTS '06 not making power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
CTTS '06 not making power?

Hey guys, The CTTS has been sluggish and after scanning with a durametric I found no relevant codes. Since I have 77k on the clock, I went ahead and changed plugs and coils (sourced from Suncoast). Although it runs a little smoother, power is still way down. I'm thinking possible boost leak?

I logged some data for nominal boost and was hoping to see if anyone may have some insight? The data was logged during a 3rd gear pull from 2k RPM to about 7k RPM. Thanks for the help...I'm really hoping it's not a bad turbo, or turbos

Listed mods:
Eurocharged Tune
3" Lesitung Cat bypass pipes
3" Leistung full exhaust
Leistung intakes
Forge diverter valves

I ran the pig with a Gtech pro (slightly downhill) and my 1/4 mile was...14.6s!!!!!

Attached Files
Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
I'm having the same issue with my non turbo S. Did the plugs and coils this weekend and no change. Ordered a Durametric today,hopefully it will find the problem.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Compression and leakdown test first if no codes.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Compression and leakdown test first if no codes.
Mr. Haney, Are you recommending the compression and leakdown test base on my data log? I was thinking this may be more boost related...I really hope it isn't anything internal

Old 03-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I don't have a durametric and I have no idea what the data log said lol, I know the CTT "CAN" throw a code for overboost or underboost conditions. If your not getting any codes you gotta start with the basics. How many miles do you have? How do you drive, honestly? Im learning a lot about the CTT while I'm building a motor and replacing my two turbos.

Last edited by Mr. Haney; 03-03-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Skigod9 is on a distinguished road
I'm not really sure how to read that because it doesn't look like it's showing rpm's but if im reading the boost correct it says your running 2.05 bar and if so that's a lot, like 29.7psi a lot. the stock 06 CTTS only runs 1.9 bar which is 27.5 psi. So in theory it should be running strong but without a baseline of how it ran before boost wise it's hard to say.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you need to drop it off at the dealership and let the professionals take a look. I certainly wouldn't be driving around in something that isn't performing like it's supposed to. Something has obviously changed and it would be horrible to find out that is was a simple fix until driven around while a minor problem was developing into a major one.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
I don't have a durametric and I have no idea what the data log said lol, I know the CTT "CAN" throw a code for overboost or underboost conditions. If your not getting any codes you gotta start with the basics. How many miles do you have? How do you drive, honestly? Im learning a lot about the CTT while I'm building a motor and replacing my two turbos.
Thanks for the input. I agree with you about starting with the basics. I might dig into a compression test this weekend. What's the reason behind your engine build?

Originally Posted by Skigod9
I'm not really sure how to read that because it doesn't look like it's showing rpm's but if im reading the boost correct it says your running 2.05 bar and if so that's a lot, like 29.7psi a lot. the stock 06 CTTS only runs 1.9 bar which is 27.5 psi. So in theory it should be running strong but without a baseline of how it ran before boost wise it's hard to say.
Yeah, I need to try again to get the RPMs to show. Actually the stock CTTS is .9 bar and my tune should allow for 1.2 bar, but I'm making closer to 1 bar. Plus, my boost doesn't seem to come in until later in the revs.
Originally Posted by denversteve
Sounds like you need to drop it off at the dealership and let the professionals take a look. I certainly wouldn't be driving around in something that isn't performing like it's supposed to. Something has obviously changed and it would be horrible to find out that is was a simple fix until driven around while a minor problem was developing into a major one.
Dealer isn't a real option for me. It's been there before and they "didn't find anything". I'm not confident in their capability to diagnose problems without codes.

Last edited by Vig03; 03-07-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Vig03,

Why are you only logging two variables? I checked out that log sheet you attached and verified that you are maxing out at about 1.1 bar with those mods, which is about right. Other than that, I cannot tell anything else.

Here is an example of a Durametric log that I took a while ago. I would log these same variables and also include the MAF values.

Also, do you have any other symptoms, like backfiring?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Vig03,

I just happened to take a second look at your log file. Why are almost all the entries for RPM, 1380? And nothing is past 1500 RPMS? Are you having issues capturing information with your particular laptop? Something is amiss here...

Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
leaking diverter valves?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Vig03,

I just happened to take a second look at your log file. Why are almost all the entries for RPM, 1380? And nothing is past 1500 RPMS? Are you having issues capturing information with your particular laptop? Something is amiss here...
Hey RM, Thanks for your input. I was wondering the same thing about the RPMs. That log was at WOT from 2k-7kRPM so I have no idea why the RPM says 1380? One reason I did only 2 variables was to make sure that the data logged as accurately as possible, but something is defintely strange...

Originally Posted by cuemaster
leaking diverter valves?
Cuemaster, I hope it's that easy! The DVs are Forge and have less than 4k miles on them. I have seen a few posts of new valves leaking, so it's definitely worth checking out.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Vig03
I was wondering the same thing about the RPMs. That log was at WOT from 2k-7kRPM so I have no idea why the RPM says 1380? One reason I did only 2 variables was to make sure that the data logged as accurately as possible, but something is defintely strange...

I easily log about 4 entries per second with about 15 variables selected. If you look at my log, it correctly logs the RPMS. I think it is time for a new laptop. Try to use another machine and take another set of logs.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I easily log about 4 entries per second with about 15 variables selected. If you look at my log, it correctly logs the RPMS. I think it is time for a new laptop. Try to use another machine and take another set of logs.
Ok that's good to know. The laptop is pretty new so I'd be surprised if that's the issue. I did notice that on your log you used engine speed and I used "Idle speed specified RPM". Maybe I just used the wrong parameter. I'll try to log again tomorrow with the parameters that you used and post the results... Thanks!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vig03
Maybe I just used the wrong parameter. I'll try to log again tomorrow with the parameters that you used and post the results
Here you go, this should make it considerably easier; a Durametric logging export file of all the variables I use (right-click, save target as...). Just go to the logging section and select import and point it to this downloaded file.

It will automatically select these 15 variables.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 03-08-2014 at 07:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTTS '06 not making power?