Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Irritating Amp/Speaker Buzzing Sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 PM
purerx7 is on a distinguished road
Irritating Amp/Speaker Buzzing Sound?

Car is a 2009 Cayenne and it seems one issue after another rises, this one being more irritating than anything else. It is caused from one of two things, if I shut the rear passenger side door a LOUD buzzing sound comes from the speaker. Then if I shut the same door hard again the buzzing sound goes away. Or if I go over a pothole or big bump the buzzing sound will start again, it goes away when I slam the rear passenger side door.

I have done a bit of research but haven't found anything conclusive. Seems like it has to be related with the amp? Although from what I read it is a pain in the *** to get access to the amp? Anyone have any ideas or experience a similar issue? If it is the amp, what is the process to have it fixed or perhaps it is a loose connector.

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Anyone? The sound is driving me insane!

Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Have you looked at the actual wiring in the door? You could have a loose or worn wire that might be causing your problem.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:13 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gh0stman
Have you looked at the actual wiring in the door? You could have a loose or worn wire that might be causing your problem.
This. It sounds as if you have a bad ground at that speaker, on in its wiring. Take it to your audio dude - or another professional.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Then wouldn't the sound come out of the speaker in that door. IE if I shut the right back door then the irritating sound is always in the front driver side door never in the right back door. I can shut the other doors without the noise coming on in the front driver side door.