Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 12:50 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Cayenne Fuel Lines

Recently I was scammed by a repair shop. One of their service representative's claims was that 'the fuel lines of Cayenne's always go bad and require replacing.'

Has anyone on the forum had their Cayenne's 'Fuel Line(s)' go bad and need replacing?

Thank you in Advance for your Assistance.

I hate being scammed and don't want this to happen to any other Cayenne owners!

Old 10-31-2014, 01:15 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
This might be an issue with the use of corn juice in the fuel in the states.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:23 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BG305
This might be an issue with the use of corn juice in the fuel in the states.

Certainly we need to get rid of the corn because the stats are finally in and ethanol INCREASES green house gasses by 7% compared to pure gas. Moreover, I am certain that 7% is a severe underestimate and that the true amount is at least double that.

Nevertheless, Porsche should be making vehicles with sturdy fuel lines. I find it incredulous that a modern Porsche would come with fuel lines that 'always go bad and need replacing' as I was told.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Never, I repeat Never go back to that shop. Modern Porsches are designed with ethanol in mind. Its in most all the fuel across the US. Ethanol doesn't affect the plastic fuel line. And by the way, there is only 1 fuel line, its a returnless system. In fact ethanol isnt corrosive. It is hygroscopic, which means it asorbs water. Water is corrosive, but plastic isnt ferrous so the line wont rust.

I would even be tempted to set up a hidden camera and st the shop up. That just pisses me off.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:55 PM
I was just awoken by the Tempe Police Department. iAUTOHAUS complained to them about the ammunition in my car and make an allegation that I had threatened them. Mind you it is the afternoon of October 31st and they felt so threatened they called in and made false allegations from such a long time ago that I can't remember the date we spoke on the phone.

iAUTOHAUS also claimed in their Better Business Bureau response that I had a lot of ammunition in the back seat of my car and they claimed that I had threatened them and cussed them out on the phone--neither of which was true.

Don't go there. They are in Tempe, Arizona and all indicators are iAUTOHAUS has done this to others and iAUTOHAUS will continue to do this until they are stopped.

I figure out of my $1428 something bill iAUTOHAUS defrauded me approximately $900 in unnecessary parts & labor!

Old 10-31-2014, 04:56 PM
FYI: The repairs and scamming occurred on Friday October 4th.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Put them on scam alert

Old 10-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by BG305
Put them on scam alert

I have never done that before. Is there something in particular I can do to help others avoid such exploitation by unscrupulous sorts?

What would you recommend?

Old 11-01-2014, 10:20 AM
The best thing to do when going to an unknown shop w/o a recommendation is to let them know you will be taking the parts that where removed with you.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Yes, but I never got to the shop until the close of business when the work was completed.

My car broke down on the streets and I had it towed in. So it was all on the phone.

The weather was hot. I stayed with my trailer which I was towing with my dog and ran the A/C until I ran out of propane. That required me getting a cab (and not telling them I would be hauling propane cylinders in advance) and refilling propane before the meat in my freezer and food in my refrigerator went bad.

It has been a hairy night on the streets not getting much sleep as a fellow persisted in staying outside talking on his cell phone all night and my dog did not like that stranger much.

I am older and it represented a bit of a health threat. I was felt compelled to get back on the road and try to make my appointment to get my trailer serviced.

However, in retrospect, I'll bet anything iAUTOHAUS would have claimed the gasoline laden parts were too dangerous to cart away with me.

Denying me those parts (most places give them to me without asking) was key to pulling off their fraud.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:22 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Never seen a bad fuel line in a Cayenne. They're very well-made. Leaking schrader valves at the fuel rail was the closest thing I've seen, and those are only a few dollars.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch... I too doubt that you had bad fuel lines. The fuel line is VERY well protected in the cayenne and I believe I spied it very far up in the transmission tunnel when I dropped my tranny. Besides this, they are not made of metal and therefore are not ferrous.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Bferland911 is on a distinguished road
To all 6Speed Members,

My name is Ben Ferland, I am a technician at iAutohaus in Tempe AZ. I am also the technician who did the diagnosis and repair work on the TS's vehicle. I am a factory trained Porsche technician with 11 years of experience. I would like an opportunity to clear the air on this issue.

Quite simply, the car arrived at our shop with a failed fuel pump. As my experience and training has taught me, when a fuel pump fails, it can often times leave FOD (foreign object debris) in the fuel system. It is for this reason, the mileage of the vehicle (167,281 at time of repairs) and knowing the customer regularly tows a maximum capacity load (travel trailer) it was highly recommended to the customer that the following components be replaced.

1. Main fuel pump (failed component) Number 1 in PET diagram
2. Secondary fuel pump (used on start up and high load situations) Number 2 in PET diagram
3. Fuel tank top on left side (has integral non serviceable fuel filter, see pictures) Number 9 in PET diagram, also pictured after being cut out of plastic housing
4. Fuel tank top on right side, has integral fuel pressure regulator. Number 11 in PET diagram
5. Fuel tank seals for items 3 and 4 Number 8 in PET diagram
6. Fuel tank vent hose (required part for updated fuel pump design, see pictures) See annotation for part number 955.620.931.01

Also, it is my suspicion that this particular Cayenne Turbo has had performance software installed. It felt much stronger than most Turbo models. This all compounded my decision to recommend all of the aforementioned parts to be replaced. The last thing I wanted was either a secondary failure once the vehicle was back on the road and towing, a fuel leak from 10 year old plastic exposed to extreme Arizona heat or worse yet a lean condition under heavy load where the secondary fuel pump could have not supplied the correct fuel pressure thus causing extreme cylinder temperatures that could be catastrophic to the engine. This was all explained to the customer and he agreed to the repair.

The following images are directly from PET, our records of the customer transaction, and a fuel filter we cut out of a brand new part to satisfy the customers curiosity, however he was not interested in hearing an explanation.

At no time were any fuel lines recommended, sold, or replaced separately. The terminology "fuel line" was used to describe what is included with a new fuel pump assembly.

Attachment 1

Attachment 1

Attachment 1

Old 01-23-2015, 10:55 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gr8ful

However, in retrospect, I'll bet anything iAUTOHAUS would have claimed the gasoline laden parts were too dangerous to cart away with me.

Denying me those parts (most places give them to me without asking) was key to pulling off their fraud.
Did you ask for the parts to be returned when you approved the repairs?

EDIT: I see now that this happened in AZ not AK. Not sure what the law is there.

Last edited by jdubbya; 01-23-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:12 AM
So what was the plan with 10yr set of pumps? I don't see anything wrong with the job performed. At least they didn't charge you for a bad exhaust bearing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Fuel Lines