Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:43 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Front Bumper

Hey guys, I have an 04 turbo and I am looking for a certain front bumper. I am looking for a bumper I saw on a CTT that did not have fins or mesh on it. This is the "look" I was trying to get so if anyone knows who sells them please let me know. Thank you.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:07 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 AM
This

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	407950  
Old 11-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Looks to me like a standard turbo bumper without the grill guards or what ever you want to call them. Looks like a quick way to buy new radiator and intercoolers.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:18 AM
The turbo bumper comes with a cross piece at the top.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:21 PM
dugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of light
i like what you have already...bud!

Old 11-26-2014, 10:16 PM
Let's see how it comes out. If it's not right I can just get a new OEM bumper.

Views:	114
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	408622  
Old 12-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Got it mounted today and achieved the "look" I wanted. I just need to see what I do with the support bar that's in the middle.

Views:	123
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	409726  
Old 12-15-2014, 03:25 AM
Looks good.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BG305
Got it mounted today and achieved the "look" I wanted. I just need to see what I do with the support bar that's in the middle.
Glad to see that I am not the only one willing to take chances!

I might have to call PETA since you will be sucking up all types of small birds and rodents in that grille opening..lol

Old 12-25-2014, 05:15 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Cover it up with a nice big front mount intercooler

Old 12-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I thought about that route but I think I'm going with the customs that Kent is putting together. This is the support bar for the hood latch so I think I might go with a CF hood and some hood latches to eliminate it.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
Cover it up with a nice big front mount intercooler
A large FMIC intercooler with great fin density is an excellent way to preheat the air coming into your radiator and cause overheating issues . Look into this online and you will see many reports of this happening. Also, FMICs depend on hot air going horizontally across the rows for cooling.

Side mount intercoolers are much better since they do not have any other radiators behind them that need cool air as well, so you can go as dense as possible with the fin design (better cooling capacity) and have vertical cooling rows that allow the hot air to rise and thus have better flow capabilities.

All considered, FMIC's are infinitely easier to make, so you see them more often; especially on small engine cars with lots of space up front. SMIC's are exponentially more work, but much more efficient. There is a good reason why Porsche uses SMICs over FMICs.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:50 AM
I thought about that route but I think I'm going with the customs that Kent is putting together.
I am sure they will be well worth the wait..

This is the support bar for the hood latch so I think I might go with a CF hood and some hood latches to eliminate it.
If you are going this route, you may want to consider flush hood mount latches

Old 12-26-2014, 11:17 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
A large FMIC intercooler with great fin density is an excellent way to preheat the air coming into your radiator and cause overheating issues . Look into this online and you will see many reports of this happening. Also, FMICs depend on hot air going horizontally across the rows for cooling.

Side mount intercoolers are much better since they do not have any other radiators behind them that need cool air as well, so you can go as dense as possible with the fin design (better cooling capacity) and have vertical cooling rows that allow the hot air to rise and thus have better flow capabilities.

All considered, FMIC's are infinitely easier to make, so you see them more often; especially on small engine cars with lots of space up front. SMIC's are exponentially more work, but much more efficient. There is a good reason why Porsche uses SMICs over FMICs.

Im working on building my own side mount set up or possibly an air to water cooler, so its not something I was planning on doing... and the Cayenne he is basing his on from the pic above has a front mount is why I mentioned it.

As far as overheating, I don't think it would be an issue on a Cayenne. I have owned 2 vehicles with substantially more power than I can ever see a Cayenne making, with much smaller frontal opening to limit the airflow as well as smaller radiator, yet I filled that area with a front mount bigger and thicker than I would ever expect anyone to use in a Cayenne. I personally never had an overheating or even an elevated coolant temp issue (and this was when I lived in the southeast USA where its substantially hotter than here in the NW) making over 1000 whp and doing sustained highway pulls, sometimes back to back as well as hot lapping at drag strips.

As far as why its done the way Porsche did it, who really knows. My opinion has been its more to do with cost (small intercoolers are cheaper than large ones) and packaging (not wanting a large eye sore of an intercooler sticking out up front/routing the piping is easier with side mounts).. Side mount intercoolers are by far the most common use for OEMs, followed by top mount. I can only think of a couple of cars that come with factory front mounts, both being Mitsubishis and only one being a 2000s era car, but my brain is a bit scrambled from the holiday rush so Im probably forgetting something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper