Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Am I foolish for considering a 957S as a primary daily?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 12:00 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Am I foolish for considering a 957S as a primary daily?

Its 2015 and I'm starting to toss around the idea of picking up an SUV later in the year to be my primary car. I'm over analytical about everything, hence why I'm starting the search so early

Is it a stretch to think that a 957S (maybe GTS depending on pricing, but probably not) would make a good, reliable daily driver or am I the greater fool in this situation? I'd be looking for cars with <60K miles and would hope to make it to at least 130K or more.

Scheduled maintenance is one thing, but reliability is another.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:34 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
yes it's foolish....you really need a 957 turbo lol
seriously a 957s will feel slower than a civic after your pineapple express
957s and turbo gas mileage wise not much difference but with a tune, a 957turbo will be a good 600 crank horses...there isn't too big of a difference pricewise also

Old 03-02-2015, 08:01 PM
ghing is on a distinguished road
Actually not foolish at all. My BIL had a 955S and put nearly 300k miles on it before it met an untimely demise. It was totaled in an accident but he walked away without injury because of the weight and build quality. He replaced it with a 958S and has already put more than 60k miles on it in about 2.5 years.

Because of his experience with both reliability and safety, I just got into a 957S (2008 with only 30k miles). Keeping up on scheduled maintenance, I plan on driving it for at least 200k more miles.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:20 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geetee
yes it's foolish....you really need a 957 turbo lol
seriously a 957s will feel slower than a civic after your pineapple express
957s and turbo gas mileage wise not much difference but with a tune, a 957turbo will be a good 600 crank horses...there isn't too big of a difference pricewise also
I'll have to drive them all, but I don't need the Turbo. When I want to go fast I have the 911. My current daily is a stock E46 M3 with 105K miles, and the power deficit doesn't bother me at all. That car is getting handed down and I want something all weather/terrain/cargo friendly. I'd go Turbo if I went 955, but I don't want 2 cars that are that "old"

Originally Posted by ghing
Actually not foolish at all. My BIL had a 955S and put nearly 300k miles on it before it met an untimely demise. It was totaled in an accident but he walked away without injury because of the weight and build quality. He replaced it with a 958S and has already put more than 60k miles on it in about 2.5 years.

Because of his experience with both reliability and safety, I just got into a 957S (2008 with only 30k miles). Keeping up on scheduled maintenance, I plan on driving it for at least 200k more miles.
That's really great encouragement! I think the S is perfect for what I need. I'm on top or ahead of service all the time, so that's not an issue. I just don't want something that in the back of my mind my leave me stranded

Old 03-02-2015, 09:28 PM
ghing is on a distinguished road
The 955S had some of the normal issues discussed on this board, but everything was repaired/replaced under warranty by the dealership. The 4.8L engine has been bullet-proof which is why I went with the 957S without hesitation. My BIL and I rely on our cars for work, so having something unreliable would be a show stopper.

As a daily driver and weekend warrior, the 957S has been great - enough power for merging into traffic (it's not a slug as everyone with a CTT would want you to believe), comfortable, great visibility and can carry clients and any cargo I need.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:13 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Yeah I would definitely choose the 4.8 over the 4.5. And make sure its got some hair driers (Turbos) on the side

Old 03-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
I daily my 2008 GTS and love doing it! I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Saggio
I daily my 2008 GTS and love doing it! I would recommend it in a heartbeat.
You're red GTS looks amazing

Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
You're red GTS looks amazing
Thank you!

Old 03-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
There is something about the 957 GTS that just speaks to me...

I say do it! It's so aggressive looking.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Saggio
Thank you!
Probably my favorite Cayenne. Your red GTS is beautiful!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Probably my favorite Cayenne. Your red GTS is beautiful!
Right on! Thanks guys! I do love her.

Her name is "Ginger".

Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Go for it, you won't regret it!
We put almost 200k miles on our 955 S, then traded in in for a 957 S & have had had no issues as a daily driver. Just plan on spending about $2k / year on preventative maintenance. I DIY to stay on top of it & make sure it is done right.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
I love dailying my 957 s. It brings a smile on my face when I need it to. It's pretty quick for a truck. On the freeway it's very quick. I've kept up with sport sedans (s4, 535xi, Mustangs) on the freeway. The handling is awesome. You get to know the gas station attendants really well though haha.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:20 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rvca3112
You get to know the gas station attendants really well though haha.

That is the truth. The heavier your foot the better you get to know them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I foolish for considering a 957S as a primary daily?