Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Black window trims installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 10:45 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
woow!! this is one of the mostt complicated DIY
the rear window is almost imposible, I'm taking the Cayenne tomorrow to the dealer maybe they can do it.. charge arm and a leg too

I did try both ways.. with the clips in the rubber not sure how this method is supposed to work: you put the clip with the little metal tab outside the rubber or you put the clip inside the rubber? if its inside the clip moves around can get it to stay still.
the other way if its outside once you put the trim, back the clip won't go inside the rubber..

please any help LoL

also like member Vincentmorin :Also did you have any troubles with the trim of the front door (upper part) it seems close to impossible to put it in correctly at the basis of it (near the mirror).

same problem on the very corner of the mirror everything was fine just that little corner didn't closed properly flush

Last edited by solrac6262; 06-04-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:45 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by solrac6262
woow!! this is one of the mostt complicated DIY
the rear window is almost imposible, I'm taking the Cayenne tomorrow to the dealer maybe they can do it.. charge arm and a leg too

I did try both ways.. with the clips in the rubber not sure how this method is supposed to work: you put the clip with the little metal tab outside the rubber or you put the clip inside the rubber? if its inside the clip moves around can get it to stay still.
the other way if its outside once you put the trim, back the clip won't go inside the rubber..

please any help LoL

also like member Vincentmorin :Also did you have any troubles with the trim of the front door (upper part) it seems close to impossible to put it in correctly at the basis of it (near the mirror).

same problem on the very corner of the mirror everything was fine just that little corner didn't closed properly flush

The four doors, I had no trouble with. I used a little silicon lube to allow the lower portion to slide some, that way it was all even.

The rear half glass windows, I ended up pulling the glass and doing the clips from behind. Per the service manual at my local dealer, that was the correct way. I used Porsche approved sealer and promised myself I would never... Never... NEVER... Do that again.

Mike

Old 06-12-2015, 10:29 AM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by svoshop
The four doors, I had no trouble with. I used a little silicon lube to allow the lower portion to slide some, that way it was all even.

The rear half glass windows, I ended up pulling the glass and doing the clips from behind. Per the service manual at my local dealer, that was the correct way. I used Porsche approved sealer and promised myself I would never... Never... NEVER... Do that again.

Mike
Mike,

I bought New clips And had to push them from The exterior with a screw driver, it Worked out ok, dealer quoted me $900 for both rear Windows, can you tell us a little bit of your process, I think it was very difficult re moving those windows

Old 06-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Adds for such a cleaner look. Great mod.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-21-2015, 07:45 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
How hard was it to remove the chrome trim?
Did you damage the trim when removing?

I may want to pull mine off and just paint or wrap it.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:43 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Same question. I rather just wrap them. Prefer to remove and wrap and reinstall.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:11 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I have black trim in box new, I never got to install them and I sold my cayenne. Let me know if you want a good deal for them. I also have a tubi exhaust for sale.

Please pm for info and pictures.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:24 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
How hard was it to remove the chrome trim? Did you damage the trim when removing? I may want to pull mine off and just paint or wrap it.
I did mine recently and everything except the rear quarter glass is easy. Good luck if you can get them off without bending them at all if you don't remove the glass. To reinstall it there's no other way other than having the glass removed and installing them. To those that were able to and get the clips all pass the window seal more power to you. I had my glass removed and reinstalled for free since it was a family friend but I would guess it would run $100-200 to do.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:07 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Ok, just finished this project and it's wasn't that bad. No windows had to be removed and all clips and trim are sitting pretty.

There is one lower clip by the rear door that isn't as tight as I'd like it to be but nobody will notice and I'll readjust on another garage day. All in all, a 3 hour job. That's taking your time, unboxing the trim, lunch and then the install.

Before:

Name:  IMG_4718_zpszetkqpol.jpg
Views: 3309
Size:  207.7 KB

The Process:
Name:  IMG_4793_zpsnkluropp.jpg
Views: 2947
Size:  180.9 KB
Name:  IMG_4789_zpsctvpv17x.jpg
Views: 2919
Size:  172.4 KB

The top of the metal clip is exposed, you'll want to tuck it under with the small dull pick. don't use a sharp one or you run the risk of cutting into your rubber.

Proper orientation of the clip is the little clip lip is hidden behind the rubber. The lower, or opposite edge is supposed to be resting on the rubber and exposed. All clip lips are facing the inside of the trim
Name:  IMG_4790_zpstpidvjjg.jpg
Views: 2950
Size:  221.5 KB

AFTER:
Name:  IMG_4788_zpsoblqknsn.jpg
Views: 2969
Size:  193.5 KB

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 05-27-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:27 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Also selling a set of Aluminum trim in absolute perfect condition. Removed from my Cayenne with 15,500 on the clock.

You can have it painted and then install for no down time. I'll sell for cheap.
Name:  IMG_4798_zpszti6owmw.jpg
Views: 2953
Size:  272.3 KB

Old 05-29-2016, 10:19 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Those are some nice boxes 😉

Old 06-03-2016, 05:14 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
why wouldnt you guys just plasti dip instead of taking these off, etc? Seems much easier to do that.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:56 AM
dokebi1221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Black looks so much better.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by spyderman33
why wouldnt you guys just plasti dip instead of taking these off, etc? Seems much easier to do that.
Because we have the ability to not use Plexidip.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:26 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Because we have the ability to not use Plexidip.
thanks for clearing it up..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black window trims installed