Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Black window trims installed

Old 07-30-2014, 06:31 AM
twozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of light
Black window trims installed

Was going to just have the chrome trims vinyl wrapped for $300. But that didn't work out and after waiting and waiting I just decided to buy the trims. Was thinking about just doing the wrap myself but..... Was just under double the price of the wrap job but at least they are the real deal pieces. These look great.

As for installation...... The 4 doors are beyond easy, 1/2 hour job. The rear ones come off without issue but reinstall I had a bunch of WTF's going on. I think new clips might have made the job easier but I don't know. I was told they came with new ones and I would have liked to have used new ones. Took about an hour of trying different ways to get it to fit back nice and tight after that the other side went in pretty smooth. If I had to do it again it wouldn't be a problem.

Here's a before and after pic. I like the black so much better. I'm glad I got the OEM parts. Must have just been meant to be.

Name:  IMG_1145_zpsb54e3bc7.jpg
Views: 6837
Size:  117.5 KB

Old 07-30-2014, 06:56 AM
uoL24 is on a distinguished road
Good job! Makes a big difference.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:18 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Nice I ordered mine with it from the factory. The chrome isn't as bad on the 958s as the earlier models with the shiny B-pillar, but it still looks better.

Now you need the tinted tail lights to finish the package

Old 07-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That really looks good! If you decide to tint the tail lights we offer a few different Lamin-X options, for more information Click Here.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That really looks good! If you decide to tint the tail lights we offer a few different Lamin-X options, for more information Click Here.
Not gonna try to up sell him to the factory "black" tail lights?

I'm still shocked how cheap those were (especially compared to the black headlight housings ).

Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 AM
twozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of light
Lights don't bother me but I'll get around to doing something.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:05 AM
robbys3m3 will become famous soon enough
Looks great..what a difference...especially on a black cayenne

Old 07-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is on a distinguished road
Car looks awesome. I think black trim over chrome trim is one of the biggest changes you can make to the car, even if there are still other chrome accents/pieces on the car.

-Don

Old 07-30-2014, 03:22 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
looks perfect! I, too, can't stand chrome trims on cars

Old 07-30-2014, 05:38 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
the rear parts are orderable without glass? I had mine painted because the rears seemed really expensive, but I don't remember the details.

Looks great though!

Old 07-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HILLKING.jpg
Views:	2294
Size:	574.2 KB
ID:	397931  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM
The window lowers come complete with weather strip. The top pieces are just press fit. Peel off, soaped up rubber with paint brush and press fit them right back on. The rears have clips that are pain in the ***. I have parts list/numbers if needed.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM
AZN_C300 is on a distinguished road
$300 for vinyl wrap???? That's a complete rip off. Paid only $50 for mine to be wrapped.

Looks good though. Definitely hate the chrome trim on dark color vehicles.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Wow $50.00. Sweet. This $300 joint was 5-10min drive and I could easily take a bus or taxi home. The other place I called said they have done cayennes, $250 but they were 45min drive. Then the waiting....

Old 08-01-2014, 09:32 PM
AZN_C300 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Might just be regional price difference. Here we're so packed with competition that you can get it done for $50-100 fairly easily. Either way, looks great

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black window trims installed