Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Black window trims installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:48 PM
VincentMorin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twozero1
Was going to just have the chrome trims vinyl wrapped for $300. But that didn't work out and after waiting and waiting I just decided to buy the trims. Was thinking about just doing the wrap myself but..... Was just under double the price of the wrap job but at least they are the real deal pieces. These look great.

As for installation...... The 4 doors are beyond easy, 1/2 hour job. The rear ones come off without issue but reinstall I had a bunch of WTF's going on. I think new clips might have made the job easier but I don't know. I was told they came with new ones and I would have liked to have used new ones. Took about an hour of trying different ways to get it to fit back nice and tight after that the other side went in pretty smooth. If I had to do it again it wouldn't be a problem.

Here's a before and after pic. I like the black so much better. I'm glad I got the OEM parts. Must have just been meant to be.

Hi AZN_C300,

Would you be willing to share some tips (and details) on how you did the mod and how much the OEM parts costed you. I am planning to do the same mod. Did you change the silver part on the trunk? I know Suncoast has it for around $50-60.

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2014, 09:30 PM
AZN_C300 is on a distinguished road
Just vinyl wrap over trim. No additional OEM part required. It's not a replacement of the trim pieces.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by AZN_C300
Just vinyl wrap over trim. No additional OEM part required. It's not a replacement of the trim pieces.
Sorry AZN_C300, I made a mistake. Message was intended for original poster twozero1.

I am making a couple mods to my Cayenne. Black trims, clear side markers, trailer hitch and 21's wheels. I'm keeping it OEM. I want to learn more about the trim installation process because I will do it myself.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:50 AM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
Id like to know about the cost and installation of the genuine parts in black too?

Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I bought them thru the dealer for around 500. I have them in my garage waiting to install them. I have the chrome ones wrapped but it was a ****ty job.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by RPVantage
I bought them thru the dealer for around 500. I have them in my garage waiting to install them. I have the chrome ones wrapped but it was a ****ty job.
That is one of the reasons why I wanted to go the OEM route.

Let us know when you install them! OP seemed to say it was a breeze aside from the parts near the rear which are held by clips...

Last edited by VincentMorin; 11-22-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:20 PM
carlosC4S is on a distinguished road
$500, for all pieces for both sides of the car? Do you have part numbers for all of the pieces? I have silver roof rails too so may decide against it after all but will look into it first?

Old 11-22-2014, 03:27 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Here you go

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-445605254.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	481.7 KB
ID:	408178   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3940495388.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	408179   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3155636852.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	408180   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1096307956.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	408181  
Old 11-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Two ,ore

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4183937982.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	519.1 KB
ID:	408182   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2046664533.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	408183  
Old 11-23-2014, 06:53 PM
twozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of light
For the 2 lower door trims they just pull off and reinstall. The 2 upper door pieces they just pull right off, they are press fit in. I sprayed some soapy water on a paint brush and wet up the rubber track, then just press fit the new black pieces in. For the rears, they need to be tended to with some extra love. There are clips that hold the molding into the windows rubber trim.

Here is a pic of what the rear tab and clips look like.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:57 PM
For the 2 lower door trims they just pull off and reinstall. The 2 upper door pieces they just pull right off, they are press fit in. I sprayed some soapy water on a paint brush and wet up the rubber track, then just press fit the new black pieces in. For the rears, they need to be tended to with some extra love. There are clips that hold the molding into the windows rubber trim.

Here is a pic of what the rear tab and clips look like.

Thanks man! Helpful infos. Keep it coming if you have any other tips. Did you use the dental floss trick for the rear par (on the trunk) to chime it off the car?

Old 11-23-2014, 07:14 PM
twozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of lighttwozero1 is a glorious beacon of light
no floss. warmed it up with heat gun and peeled it off.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Nice one! Thanks!

Old 11-23-2014, 07:16 PM
How about peeling it off and putting nothing back for a cleaner look… Makes sense?

Old 11-23-2014, 07:47 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
If anyone is interested I can see if my body shop still has the black trim that came off my 958 and what he'd be willing to sell it all for. This would be all the window trim and roof rails in black.

It was all replaced due to some fluid from a construction project sprayed all over as I drove by and then hardened. Its been over a year, but as of the time it came off the car it was possible to get the stuff (though a lot of elbow grease will be needed).

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll call him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black window trims installed